Brazilian Inspired costumes

Fire Lily

Went to a hen's night Saturday just gone and they had Brazilian dancers for entertainment.
I absolutly fell in love with the costumes, and was wondering, would it be apropriate to take insperation from them, or would it just not work?

Kiraze

Bras and belts used in samba can be very similar with belly dance and I see no problem in using them as long as you choose some of the more modest styles (no pasties) and do not forget to add skirt or pants with samba outfit before turning that into belly dance costume ;)

I did not manage to find picture of Adore from BDSS Raqs Carnivale as an example that nobody remembers her dancing as all where shocked as she had no skirt...

Fire Lily

I did not manage to find picture of Adore from BDSS Raqs Carnivale as an example that nobody remembers her dancing as all where shocked as she had no skirt...[/QUOTE]

Mmm. I've only ever seen Adore in BDSS at the Folies' Bergere. And to be honest, I wasn't keen on her chorieo for that.

Maria_Aya

Good idea but I think because Rio costumes are too daring I would use them more as inspiration than as actual costumes.
On the other hand Neclemans (hope I spell it correct) costumes for my taste have a very Rio influence.

Maria Aya:)

p.s. Check the photo for inspiration

Shanazel

I suppose if one glued those cups to the pertinent part of one's anatomy they might stay in place during a shoulder shimmy...

Maria_Aya

Well ... some egyptian dancers with very open cut bra's put glu on their breast to stay there;)

sssssssssssss its a secret

Maria Aya:cool:

Shanazel

I read somewhere that beauty contest entrants use spray glue to make their high cut swim suits stay in place on their bottoms.

Safran

Well, I'll tell you a secret of mine then ;) I've used double-sided tape for corset-type tops to make sure they stay where they're supposed to stay...

But I don't think it would work out with dance costumes - all the motion is bound to get something loose :shok: