A different kind of costume dilemma

Marisha25

Hi all! A friend of mine is an ESL (English Second Language) teacher and over the years she received many unique gifts. Among them is a hand made vintage belly dance costume. Unfortunately, she can no longer keep it and she offered it to me but I can't keep it either. So, if someone who lives in New York would like it, I'll be happy to give it to her/him (for free, of course). The costume is really small, about size 2 - it looks bigger in pictures and I don't think it's in a good engough state to perform in it but it could be useful as a historical reference. Please take a look at it here:
http://marishat.multiply.com/photos/album/30
or if the link does not work you can go to:
http://marishat.multiply.com
Best love,
Marisha

Azeeza

Marisha:

I may have PM-ed you and not e-mailed you. Getting used to the system :) I still want the costume, regardless.

Azeeza

Shanazel

Marisha! Contact Azeeza before she hyperventilates!

Azeeza! If you get the costume, let's see a picture of it on a dancer! It looks very nice, danceable or not.

Marisha25

Shanazel,
Thanks for that note. I got in touch with Azeeza. She's a sweetie. We've made arrangements for her to get the costume. I'll mail it out next week.
Best love,
Marisha

Azeeza

LOL!!! I can't wait to get it! I'll post as soon as it arrives!

(rubs hands together vigorously)

Azeeza

Marisha25

Extra, extra, read all about it, "Vintage costume finds new home." It's in a FedEx box avaiting departure.
Marisha

Shanazel

Beneath "extra extra": picture of anxious new bedlah mom peering down the street for the first glimpse of new member of her family.

Azeeza

SHE'S HERE, SHE'S HERE!!!

I am just so beside myself! I've never seen a costume like this before. It looks like it's from the 60's or so!

Built in undies (but I'm sure the dancer used some lining between her and the undies), but all the beads are sewn right onto the panties!

I haven't had a whole lot of time to spend with the costume yet, but I'll give you a blow by blow account of this magnificent beauty!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MARISHA!

GIGANTIC HUGS,

Azeeza

Shanazel

Azeeza, I am glad for you, and look forward to reading the blow by blow.

Marisha, I suspect this gift got you some stars in your heavenly crown.

Marisha25

Azeeza, I am so happy that you are so happy with this costume!
Shanazel, you're too good!
Best love,
Marisha

Shanazel

Thanks, Marisha. Just make sure you don't read my comments about a frentic performance on another thread or you'll probably change your mind.

Marisha25

:D :D :D ...now I can't wait to read that thread
(note to self: do not let Shanazel see myself performing unless an agreement about guaranteed praise/complements has been negotiated beforehand :D )

Shanazel

Actually, I'm usually not so critical, and I am ashamed of myself for being so critical this time- but it really did irritate me. I promise- praise only to the giver of costumes!