Lebanese Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara

:) You know what? I would really love to practise Lebanese style. It looks really... floaty like. The first dancer I saw was this lady here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRvFlesvhvA&mode=related&search=Lebanese dancing

I thought it was lovely and very Lilac. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0SFcIfdz7w&mode=related&search=Lebanese dancing

And then this, I think it's lovely too. I love their costumes, even if the first is a bit skimpy for me :) In the second I didn't think you were supposed to wear that kind of costume with a cane, but I like her energy. Where as the first was more relaxed and softer.

The first dancer is Yousra Hanem. See also her other clips. and read the amusing comments.
I like this dancer very much. She is one of the very few who captures my attention most. She performs public oriental dance in the arab way ;) and less as an artist on stage. Wish I had only 1% of her self-confidence and relaxed performing.

I did not open the 2. clip but I guess it's Rindala (beautiful pink 2-piece costume, black curly hair, cane dance, spins over spins, backbends on drum solo?). Yes, she is energetic. I miss the sense of cane dance when she dances with a cane.

Sara

:) Yup ya got it!

It all looks very beautiful and floaty. I really love how relaxed Yousra Hanem appears. It's quite calming to watch her dance.

Mark_Balahadia

Are you sure the first dancer is Yousra Hanem? It doesn't really look like her...hmmm.

For the most part, I've seen Lebanese dancer perform cane in a normal bedleh not a folkloric costume, though I'm sure you could!

Is she Yousra Hanem or not?

One clip on You Tube is even titled 'Yousra Hanem' and she really looks and dances like her. Furthermore you can watch out for her and her 'marketing'-photos at www.arabiccelebrities.com where her name is written YOSRA.

Maria_Aya

Yep its Yousra, its from her old (3-4 years ago) video clips between the 2nd and the 3rd boob job lol

Maria Aya

Yousra's boob job and the leb. Dina

Hi Maria, do you know Yousra's surgeon? Must be a rich guy.

Dear Sherany,

we already had the same discussion here about that dancer a couple of months ago. Suha Azar, a lebanese dancer and Maria's friend said, that this is the lebanese Dina. I also thought that her name is Maya because of a video I have but I trust more in Suha than to these videos.

Mark_Balahadia

Does anyone know what the music is that Rindala dances to?

In the video clip that is floating around everywhere of Rindala in the pink costume, the first song is a Ziad Rahbani song but I don't recall the name. It's very folkloric type music (hence the cane).

Jalil

About Libanesse Style

Hi, I think that libanesse style y so beutifull y like all libanesse belly dancers becouse i think that they have the best hips of all medle east, betwen all i love Yoursa Hanem and Nadim bu abdalla. But yousra is the top uctualy for me

Leyla

I know it can be a stupid question :( , but can you please tell me what are the typical elements of Lebanese style?

Erina

Well the dance I am learning in my class is a Lebanese dance, my teacher loves the Lebanese style and likes to hammer the real tradition into our mind.
And watching her perform it too- she's amazing!

Sara

:) I've never seen one in real life I don't think...

I can't really help much with typical features though. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.