Fashion in dance costumes

gisela

Super Moderator
I was wondering if you can detect what the fashion of bellydance costumes is right now. If some of you frequently travel to Egypt it would be nice to hear what's hot or not there. Or just the trends where you live. Saw some old clips from Samia Gamal, Sohier Zaki, Nagwa Fouad etc and their costumes really had traces of the specific time, like "Charleston fringes" on the skirt (which I absolutely adored). Anyway, seeing these old clips ranging from the early fifties to the eighties (haha) made me interested in how bellydance costumes follow the rest of the world in style. Hope you understand my question and that you have some ideas on this matter.:)

Mariesaffron

I was wondering if you can detect what the fashion of bellydance costumes is right now. If some of you frequently travel to Egypt it would be nice to hear what's hot or not there. Or just the trends where you live. Saw some old clips from Samia Gamal, Sohier Zaki, Nagwa Fouad etc and their costumes really had traces of the specific time, like "Charleston fringes" on the skirt (which I absolutely adored). Anyway, seeing these old clips ranging from the early fifties to the eighties (haha) made me interested in how bellydance costumes follow the rest of the world in style. Hope you understand my question and that you have some ideas on this matter.:)

Hello Gisela, for the latest in Belly Dance fashion from Grece, Egypt, Turkey,etc, go to www.Shahrzadbellydancecostumes.com

Aisha Azar

Dance fashions

Dear Gisela,
Gosh, this is the 2nd time today that have mentioned Hallah on the forum. I must be missing her! She has been one of my favorite costumers for many years because she has a very unique eye for what will work, and her stuff is fabulous!! She lives now in Egypt, but lived here in Spokane for about two years and is orginally from Western Washington.
www.hallahmoustafa.com.
She does clothing also, but has a dancer gallery, I think including stuff she has done for Egypt's Dina. Though we have not been in contact for some years, Hallah and I were at one time very close and she taught me a lot. We used to have just raucous times at George's in Seattle; a wicked and crazy establishment that has since closed its doors.
Regards,
A'isha

Last edited:

loverofdance

I love seeing these costumes and boy are there some famous clients there. (interesting to see Jillina before her hair was straightened!)
:)