Name your favorite performance

Maria_Aya

Hi there:)
Lets name our favorite performance by another dancer (not ourselves:rolleyes: lol)

For me:
Mona el Said from an old old old video dancing to Oum Kalthoum

Maria Aya:D

Moon

Hi Maria Aya,

I've only seen 2 more or less professional dance performances, but they were mainly for tourists I think. I don't remember the performance in Turkey much, but the one in Tunisia I really liked. However I don't know the names of the dancers.

Furthermore I liked the veil dance of my teacher with 3 advanced students very much (during a student performance).

Michelle

Maria,
I have to agree with you on Mona.... I saw an old video at someone's house and I was just mesmerized....

Amulya

My favorites were a complete shows! When the BDSS came to Holland. But there was another as well, in Germany. It was a show hosted by Leila Jouvana, all dancers were incredible as well as Leila herself:)

Yshka

Mine were Malika Bakdoub and Amir Thaleb when performing in Bruxelles last march in the Ya Salam festival.
I also liked Hadia's Rom performance there.:)

Then again I also love watching Fifi Abdo dance.

slinks

I've not seen a lot of professional dancers out side of IAMED dvds that said I love Paulina's "Genie in a bottle" on Bellydance Spectacular.
And I really liked Tamalyn Dalhal's (SP) 7 veils performance on a bellydance awards, the 5th I think ??....
Jenna's drum solo on the Golden Apple is a good one too

I'd love to see Mona el Said

Attachments

• 1327.jpg
    1327.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 2860.jpg
    2860.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 8

Zurah

My dvd collection's sooo tiny, I don't have so much to choose from... so for now, my favorite performances are the last four in the Legends DVD, especially Nagwa Fouad... it was such a nice surprise, after reading the negative comments about her dancing in the internet. Also can't get enough of four of the dance sequences in 'The Fabulous Samia Gamal'. Speaking of internet, my favorite clips online are Salome's in this website and Orit Maftsir's. When at first heard about Youtube, I thought I'd go nuts watching clips, but I've actually found it to be really time-consuming - you have to wade through lots of so-so stuff to find something that really catches you.

Kiraze

Suraya Hilal´s "Return of the Spirit" was the first big scale oriental dance performance with live orchestra I have seen and thus it is still magical in my memories: that time she was not yet too artistic:D

Another dancer that has mesmerized me with *all* her performances is Shahrazad - she can dance basic belly dance but also fantastic, creative fusion of Indian and Nepalese etc dances and she does that all with really magical touch and perfect dance technique (and amazing costumes of which most are her own creations)