Western riding Chaps

Shanazel

Well, too bad you aren't closer to old Wyoming. There is a store about half a block from where I am sitting that sells a wide variety of chaps. Are the chaps to be part of a new belly dance costume? Silver conchos on the bra, horsehair tassles, and a couple of six shooters for hip emphasis?

Demelza

ha ha !! I like it !!
No, I'm a rider. (of the horse that is)..... Got a few pairs of chaps...just fancied a pair of western style for a change !! Thought I'd trot on through the villages as usual and see if I can shock any of the 'old english gentlemen' into falling off thier bycicles !! xxx:p

(posted it on here cos I know you ladies are into tassles and some of you are from USA, and might know where I can get them from).....am I in trouble again? xx

PS. do you know if they have a website ? xx

Last edited:

Mariyam

Hi girls,

I have moved the topic in here because it's not quite bellydancing-related;) I hope you don't mind too much!

Happy posting!

Shanazel

Off topic is a favorite location for Demelza and me, or so it seems. The name of the store is Lou Taubert Ranch Outfitters. I wouldn't be surprised if Lou had a website- he's a pretty up to date kind of guy.

Demelza

thanks Shanazel - couldn't find his store but found loads of links through his name.....ooohh I'm spoilt for choice now !!! xx

Sara

No, I'm a rider. (of the horse that is)..... Got a few pairs of chaps...just fancied a pair of western style for a change !! Thought I'd trot on through the villages as usual and see if I can shock any of the 'old english gentlemen' into falling off thier bycicles !! xxx

:D I wunt try that. Lol. An old guy round here fell off his bike looking at this poster and got bumped. He was alright though. English guys are tough little cookies. Cause when they were young used to play Rugby. My grandad's more toned than I am! :(

Do you live in a nice country village then? Has to be better than living in an industrial town filled with factories. :rolleyes:

Demelza

Eh up me ol' marra...:)

well it's like this........I grew up on a farm in a tiny village - 19 houses, a phone box and a church..so that's 'home home', but I rent an appartment to have my own pad, in a big village (with 6 pubs, shops, a phone box and a church) about 3 miles down the road. There are loads of villages raand here all about 2 miles appart. So I'm very lucky really...it's nice. and I'm about 8 miles from Nottingham which they now call Shottingham !

Where baat in Yorkshire are you Sara? I've done markets in the Dewsbury, Bradford, Rochdale, and Stockport areas. xx

Last edited:

Sara

DEWSBURY! :D

I'm near there unfortunately. Not in Dewsbury but near it. I go to that market sometimes. Next time you're there you should give us a bell! I don't like Bradford much either. :(

Half of the time I live near Dewsbury,the other half near Haworth. I like Haworth better. Sometimes I stay in Filey, and sometimes Cornwall. But mainly Dewsbury. : )

I like Haworth better, I love the moors and animals : ) But not the sheep, too many of em in one place all look at ya. There my smog intake is a little less, or at least I'm hoping. I live opposite this huge chemical factory in Hecky. My cat comes back pink, my windows can turn black, and when it's on fire we just don't have windows. Lol. Don't like it.

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/West_Yorkshire/pictures I liek those piccys, places where we go.

Last edited:

Demelza

I used to get a funny feeling up there for some reason. I love Yorkshire in general though. . . especially driving in the snow blizzard over the 'snakepass from Shefield to Manchester. I think it's the danger I like !! We nearly fell thousands of feet last Christmas !! What a close call that was !!

Shanazel

I like Haworth better, I love the moors and animals : ) But not the sheep, too many of em in one place all look at ya. .

You better hope Rico in his Icelandic mode doesn't read this- it would break his poor li'l ol' sheeps-loving heart.

Sara

You better hope Rico in his Icelandic mode doesn't read this- it would break his poor li'l ol' sheeps-loving heart.

Oh aye, forgot about his sheep loving. : ) It's true though, I'm not scared of sheep, but wen they're all stood there looking at you and eating grass, you can't help thinking that they might be getting bored of grass.

But yea, Dewsbury's a dodgy place to live. Lived rahnd here all my life, and I have seen some very dodgy things.

Last edited:

Demelza

Yeah !! my chaps arrived today !!!! :) :) :)
And what a joke it was trying to get them on !! I even had to call Texas for help !! I think my neighbours think I've lost it !:rolleyes:

Shanazel

Oh, how I would've loved to have been in Texas when the call came from Yorkshire: English lass being strangled by chaps; please help talk her through the process of escape.

Demelza

Shanazel ! it was so funny - I left them a message first of all, saying "what the ****?? These are not right !!!!! they must be seconds......I'm stuck, I need help....where does that bit go!!!???" etc.....and then this really nice guy with a gorgeous south american/texas accent (well he might have have been grusome but I was picturing a good looking guy with stubble, and blue-eyes on horseback) called back to offer his help !! iT took a good 20 minutes for me to get them right (I might have extended it a while !!).....sooooooo funny !! :p :p :p
ps. I am not from Yorkshire I'm from Nottingham xx;)

Last edited:

Shanazel

Oops, my bad. Is it Sara who is from Yorkshire? Is there a town near Nottingham called Arnold?

For your information, I grew up in south Texas, and all cowboys are romantic, even the dirty ones with bad teeth and cow poop on their boots. Some of them are just better admired from a distance.

Sara

I'm from Yorksha! :D I love it I love it I love it!

Hmm... in all seriousness, i think it's raining in my kitchen. :confused: