Comedy

Sara

Last edited:

Demelza

WELL, I dunno, this is really hard for some people to understand and I've had trouble with it all my life........but i really do tend to laugh at other people's expense !! I know it might sound awfull, and before I go on, I must make it clear that I don't mean if someone gets ill or has an accident etc.......it's just things like......... If someone has just bought an ice-cream on a really hot day, and he looks like he's really looking forward to it, and the ice-cream van has just driven off, I HAVE TO KNOCK IT OUT OF HIS HAND !!!:eek: :D :eek: :D i JUST FIND THINGS LIKE THAT SO HILARIOUS. or if someone tries to pass me something I knock it out of their hand instead of taking it, just to see how many times they will try to pass it to me !!

And I LOVE ALL, I REPEAT - LOVE ALL PRACTICAL JOKES. cant get enough of them !! things like that tend to make me laugh much more than tv comedy.

You know the funniest thing when I'm driving is that if I've got a passenger with me, I'll say....."oh shit, I don't know the way.....could you just ask that guy the way" to my friend, then I'll slow down, my friend will ask the passer-by the way, and before the stranger has had time to answer I've driven off at high speed. That just has me in stitches EVERY TIME.

Also, if I'm at traffic lights, I look to the car that is also waiting at the lights next to me, and look the driver in the eye and start to unwind my window. The other driver thinks I want to ask him something so he winds his window down too, and then I just flick my cigarette ash out of the window and wind it up again !! always leaves the other guy embarrased !! Love it

YOU MIGHT ALL THINK THAT I'M A BIT ODD. BIT TWISTED MAYBE. BUT ALTHOUGH MY HUMOR HAS VERY VERY OFTEN GOTTEN ME INTO TROUBLE, IF YOU WERE INSIDE MY HEAD YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY THESE THINGS JUST TICKLE ME. XX

Sara

:eek: That's well harsh! :eek: I dunno- the only time I laugh at other people's expense is on You've been framed, lol.

I love Peter Kay. I absolutely love him. He is soo funny.

Good clip btw. :D

Demelza

i don't like you've been framed. I can't laugh at other people actually hurting themselves. what I do find funny is just seeing people in circumstances where for a split second they are totally bemused i guess. :p

Sara

Ooh no. I don't like the hurting themselves either. Makes me cringe. I like funny animals, like the one's that flush the toilet and everytime the flush stops, they do it again.

Moon

Demelza... I'm starting to wish I'll never meet you in real life :D
But yeah, I laugh at other peoples mistakes too sometomes. One of the most wonderful videos ever on tv... a bunch of tourists and one of them tries to film everything, but the lense covering is still on and he doesn't notice.. so he tries to film, than starts looking at his camera to check if it's on, than tries to film again... and the person at the other end of the street, filming him, is not going to help!

When I was little I made something funny happen not really on purpose (maybe it sounds less funny in here, but believe me it was funny). I was playing on the slide and then a few boys my age came carrying skate boards with them. I didn't know them, but we sort of started playing together at the slide. They went down the slide on their skate boards (sitting, not standing). One of the boys had brought a piece of elastic with him (don't know why) and another boy had brought his coat, but he didn't wear it. On a certain moment the "coat-boy" climbed on the slide with his skate board. I figured it could look funny to tie on end of the elastic to the skate board and the other end to the coat. Then kind of put the coat under one of the steps of the slide. I thought it would come loose, but it didn't... the boy didn't notice me doing it, so he started to slide down, and the elastic stretched and stretched, and then, very suddenly, the skateboard shot away from under the boy's but and it launched the skate board a few meters up into the air. The boy landed back on the slide quite hard and I just ran away to laugh.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Little kids' sports. God, I love them- tee ball where they run the wrong way around the bases, volleyball where everyone yells "I got it!" then stand politely aside so someone else can have it, leaving the ball to bounce across the floor ungotten, basketball where someone makes a basket at the wrong end of the court. Any sport played by children under twelve is replete with wonderful moments.

Dev

Hiyas
I like British comedy things, cause it's really quite complex.

True Sara...
Its bit complex and a bit out there type, i canot imagine American doing the same, sorry guys i am not taking any side, its just i like British comedy, I find them extremely funny. probably because they dont force you to understand, they leave it to you how you take, its up to you...

Dead Ringer..thats a funny one, i remember one episode when they pointed a sign written "twat" outside 10 Dowing Street.

And how can we forget " Little Britain".
My fav characters will be the two fat ladies, who stays in a Retreat and offer sex instead money everytime the manager ask for it.

i have so many favaorite... (I like Dads Army too !)

Sorry guys but Trans -Atlatics comedy does not do anything for me,
Well i do watch M*A*S*H. i think its a nice comedy.

alright i am going to have a "Herbal Fag" now.

Last edited:

Demelza

try Alan Carr's book

(instead of a herbal fag i mean!, not as a comedy. Although there is this new gay comedian called Allen Carr but he's just an idiot).

Dev

Hiya Demelza...No idea who is Allan KArr the "idiot gay comedian" ,
And thanks for the advice, that was the last advice i needed, :)

Demelza

Sorry Dipali !!!
I just guessed maybe you were like me and trying anyting to quit the fags !!! and to be honest I did manage to give up for 2 whole months ! (wow) with ALLEN CARR's 'EASY WAY TO STOP SMOKING'........it's a whole phscological thing but it works. You are aloud to smoke all the way through reading it and by the end of the book, the minute you finish it you stop !! he's sold 6 million coppies of it and some doctors even perscribe the book instead of patches !and it did work for me but I think the only reason i only lasted 2 months is because I did it wrong and tried to stop WHILST reading it and also got to cocky and thought I could do it without reading till the end. Sorry Dipali, maybe I got you wrong ? maybe your not trying to stop smoking atall ? maybe you just like herbal fags or something. Maybe your a hippy chic ? No offense i promise xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dev

Sorry Dipali, maybe I got you wrong ? maybe your not trying to stop smoking atall ? maybe you just like herbal fags or something. Maybe your a hippy chic ? No offense i promise xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Demelza... dont be that sentimental, :) Actually i am not into Tobacco Fag , unless it got some kind of spiece or something, you know what i mean...lol, Kind of herbal sort...Just to have a laugh , I couldnot stop laughing "Hippy Chic, " I think your dry sense of humor is fantastic, It can offend many people though, In your previous post you said something about what make you laugh, i understand what you mean, well only problem is some peoples are very sensitive, anyway come to "Hippy Chic" , not sure about the chic things, lol... i do have a didgeeridoo, and i can play it very well

Dev

aaaaahhhhhhh, get you Dipali. I'm into that too !!!!
are you an aborigany ?:cool:

Hi DEMELZA...
No , i am not aboriginal Australian, But the amount of Suntaning i am having it wont be long when i will be a full fledge native australian, .

Last edited:

Sara

I love Stand up! I don't think anything can compare when you're in the auidence in a laughing context. I'm desperate to see Peter Kay live.