Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Amulya

But I quite liked the yellow one with black lines Amulya posted (only it's got one of those silly flip up hems which are really starting to irritate me).

they irritate me too! It seems to have blown over from Russia, I think they started first with those frilly hems. But they are now completely out of control, big floofy frilly skirts, yuk!

Here is a new one to think about:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 60

Ariadne

Love the elegant black lines in this one, at least from this angle. Would lov to see it from other angles as well.

Ditto. I think that design would look good in almost any color too.

I rather like the look of those. Layered textures are a big favorite of mine.

I'm always for new ideas in modesty panels but I'm not sure how well these work. I would need to see them in action.

Shanazel

I'm not too hot on the layers and layers of ruffles. Too bride-like? Too lingerie-like? Too prom-like? All of the above?

Amulya

A Medusa themed one with floofy skirt and something, not sure so how to describe

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 154

Daimona

A Medusa themed one with floofy skirt and something, not sure so how to describe

Ooh.. I would guess it is made for another dance style than belly dance, but I'd love to wear this for belly dance (if I had the body for it) with a longer and more classic skirt. Love the use of the flower appliqués and the placement of the rhinestones on the top.

Selene

Somo of these costumes are just too busy, like the white one with turquoise and black twirly thingies o_O and then some others just look very cheap and odd.

I do like the yellow and black on too, but I'm wondering, how did that type of hem become so popular?

Rubina Rose

belly dancer

I'll start by sharing this beautiful costume, it's one of Sandra's costumes (already sold):

On the note of 'what were they thinking': the top below was advertised on Etsy as 'Professional Bellydance Bra', apparently the seller made it herself. I bought a similar bra at a market in India and it just falls apart by only looking at it :lol: So made by the seller? I doubt it.
hjg

Last edited:

Darshiva

To me it looks like someone was wearing the costume when a hot glue gun exploded in a sweets factory and she got covered in random sweets & rubbish.

Amulya

I think this is a really nice costume, but something needs to be done about the frilly fart. I also don't like that the whole skirt is see through, but that's easy to change.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 52