greetings :)

Caelyn

another new dancer here. My first encounter with belly dance was through seeing an amazing performance by Wine and Alchemy at a Ren Faire, and then seeing people doing it at a party at Pennsic. I had no idea how expansive and varied this type of dance is, though, until I started lurking here and looking for classes in my area. TBH it is/was kind of overwhelming! So many different types and styles, and fusions and...wow. :shok: I'm getting the impression one could study their whole lives and still not know everything. Which is really exciting to me because I'm an opera singer and while I love it, that world is very much about doing the same handful of operas over and over and over again and not taking a lot of risks on new composers or obscure operas. Belly dance is exciting to me because it's just the opposite: loads of new ideas and people doing interesting things with it. :)

Anyway I finally just started taking classes and am loving it. Not sure what else to say, so I'll sign off with what looks like a dancing lemon: :dance:

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum & your new addiction. That is wonderful from opera to Bellydance:D It is amazing how people from literally all walks of life and circumstances are drawn to the dance. It has the ability to to tug at the heartstrings and sing to the soul and once you are drawn in very few walk away from it. It becomes a big-time addiction:D
~Mosaic

Caelyn

... your new addiction.

I suspected as much. :lol:

My new year's resolution this year was to try--just try, with no expectations--the two things I've always wanted to do but never have. Improv comedy and belly dance. :D And yes...I knew I was in trouble after my first BD class.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! :)