SIGH..Britain's got belly dancing

kayshier

maybe the vociferious response is because those types of hip movements are not common i dunno...

and shakira? lol...say no more

actually i enjoyed the guy in the backstage shimmy much better.

nightdancer

She did have a nice drop, and she was modestly dressed. Yes, she's dancing too fast, but I just commented in another thread about how that seems to be a regional theme lately.

Last edited:

khanjar

Too fast for my likings, and with the speed, the movement looked jerky, not what I admire in BD.

nightdancer

Too fast for my likings, and with the speed, the movement looked jerky, not what I admire in BD.

Agreed, I said the same thing in the Russian Dancers on Youtube thread.

Yearning is a languid song, full of variance and sheer pleasure. The peformance itself was a good, solid performance, it was just too fast. Once the slow part was over (about 2.5 minutes in), she does better.

I am seeing this trend, this frantic pace. Where is this coming from? A lot of the television performance that get posted are the same way. Thoughts?

I agree that I did not enjoy the performance because of the speed. Though, also, there is only about 30 seconds of the actual audition on the clip; the rest was walking and talking. I wonder what the rest of it was like.

Kharis

The really depressing thing here is that the judges deemed her a fantastic dancer - five star or whatever Simon Cowell said. She's a good looking woman and that's about it.

eden eyes

IMO it appeared more like hip-hop/belly dance/latin "style" :confused::naghty::naghty:

i didn't like it at all. she was a very pretty girl, but it didn't cut it for me. they did have this one belly dancer on that show that was a young girl and i though she did pretty good!! unfortunately she did one of her dances to the English version of "Simarik" and it SUUCCKKED.

you know thinking of BGT and AI and other shows like that, i always wonder how some of the people even get to audition. some of them are just terrible.

kayshier

The really depressing thing here is that the judges deemed her a fantastic dancer - five star or whatever Simon Nowell said. She's a good looking woman and that's about it.

in all fairness are the judges in a position really to determine what is good belly dance from what isn't?

Kharis

in all fairness are the judges in a position really to determine what is good belly dance from what isn't?

Obviously not. But with the an estimated collective age of 120, you'd think that between them they'd have some idea of what is bump and grind and what is skilled dance. They seem to be able to differentiate when it comes to other dancers...but not when the dancer is doing belly dance and is slim, attractive and nubile.

Kashmir

Quite right - so why not a guest judge for acts outside of their expertise if they are going to judge the dancing? Now if they are judging "pretty girl" that is a different thing.

Like everyone else I would hestitate to call it "belly dancing" and disliked the dance (demented muppet material) - whatever the style.

lizaj

Better..at least she managed to keep belly dancing to non-belly dance music and she does look gorgeous. I repeat what I said on Bhuz..LIFE WOULD NOT BE FAIR IF SHE WAS A GREAT DANCER AS WELL,WOULD IT!!!!???:D

Aniseteph

I see they have run out of Shakira tracks then... ;)

I'm getting too set in my ways, it really grates when I see all those hip drops and circles to COMPLETELY THE WRONG MUSIC!!!! aaargh!

lizaj

I see they have run out of Shakira tracks then... ;)

I'm getting too set in my ways, it really grates when I see all those hip drops and circles to COMPLETELY THE WRONG MUSIC!!!! aaargh!

I don't think Simon would get any cash from the estate of M.A.Wahab or our Farid.:rolleyes:

da Sage

Better..at least she managed to keep belly dancing to non-belly dance music and she does look gorgeous. I repeat what I said on Bhuz..LIFE WOULD NOT BE FAIR IF SHE WAS A GREAT DANCER AS WELL,WOULD IT!!!!???:D

Ha ha, it's true!:D

I actually liked this dance quite a bit better than the other one. It's a lot of "I'm pretty, look-at-me moves", but she looks so graceful in this one (which I didn't see in the original clip). Great arms, and I love the sassy big hip circle. Two thumbs up!

kayshier

wow..is that lady marmalade? "would you like to go to bed with me tonight?"

ah yess belly dance is seductive...seducing men by asking them to go to bed :rolleyes:

Last edited: