Catching up

Shanazel

So, whatcha all been up dance-wise or otherwise to since the forum has been down? I don't pay much attention to Facebook so have lost track of some of my favorite people.

From me: my very best student and very good friend (we've been dancing together since the early nineties) will be teaching the rec center dance class this fall and I couldn't be more pleased. I am tempted to take the class but will probably sit it out and just occasionally meet everyone for dinner afterwards. New teachers really should not be faced with their own teachers in the class though I know she wouldn't mind if I turned up. Also... it is awfully nice to have Wednesday nights free. ;)

Been going through dance stuff deciding what to sell and what to give away and what to bury at a crossroads on a moonless night. So many veils... so many string belts... so much bling... so much dang music.:rolleyes:

Ariadne

Just finished a family reunion this morning. The site came back up (or at least I found it) just as I was heading out the door. It was fun, rewarding, and utterly exhausting. But then the best things in life often are.

Salome

Administrator
I've been trying to get the forum up! Though when it started crashing in mid July I was dancing at my all time favorite event ever, the Caravan Stage at the Oregon Country Fair. Aziza, Sharon Kihara, Claudia, Yemaya, Elena Villa, myself, Kendra Katz... Smoking hot band. Love, love, love it. Charges me up artistically and every other way.

Greek Bonfire

Just came off a weekend of flamenco, Greek bellydance and Polynesian. I'm tired but happy. Flamenco is a real challenge (no possibility of six weeks wonders). We recently had a show and I'm still waiting for the video but I heard we all did good. Beginning of next year I advance up a level and my teacher thinks I should have no trouble working with castanets!

Aniseteph

I did 5 days of the JWAAD summer school and it was brilliant, I have learnt stuff, met lots of lovely dancers and got back some confidence and enthusiasm again. :dance:
Note to self: go to more belly dance things, it's good for you!

Amanda (was Aziyade)

I'm in thesis semester now, so insanely busy, but I wanted to pop in and wave at everybody. I'm hoping to start teaching again once I'm finished with school (and once we get the kiddo settled into his home school routine.) I hope everyone is doing well. I miss my dance buddies!!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
WOW! all such busy people, I've been having quiet time - not being a lover of cold weather I tend to hibernate as much as possible over winter, I am a huge sooky-la-la when it comes to the cold. I think I would die if I lived in places where it snowed all winter long brrrrrrrr.

Shanazel

Oh, dear, does that mean you aren't bringing Chaotica to visit me and Pandemonia in December? :( And here I was imagining all the fun we'd have trying to stay warm on days when the temps drift down to -30 F.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Oh, dear, does that mean you aren't bringing Chaotica to visit me and Pandemonia in December? :( And here I was imagining all the fun we'd have trying to stay warm on days when the temps drift down to -30 F.
In your dreams mate!:tongue:

Farasha Hanem

This has been a crazy year for our family. Hubby had surgery this summer, our daughter and son-in-law bought a new home, and as a bonus, they made THIS:

IMG_1756.jpg

:D

Farasha Hanem

I say that because last year when my daughter had her first ultrasound, she sent me a text along with a copy of the photo with the caption, "I make dis!" xD

Shanazel

Sophia Marie! A beautiful name. We also have a traditional feminine name in our family: a version of the name Carol. My daughter is Carolina, one of my middle names is Carol, my aunt was Carol, a great grand aunt was Caroline as was her mother.

Farasha Hanem

Thank you so much! :D

I think name traditions are wonderful; I know that it gives me a strong sense of ties to this we who have gone on before me, and those who have come after me. Carol is a beautiful name!

Shanazel

I tried to add my long-lost baby cousin Carolinda but the system wouldn't let me edit last time. Funny story about my aunt's name. We always called her Jean for Imogene but since she was born at Christmas, my grandmother gave into the nurses' urgings that she be named Carol for Christmas carol as well. The doctor didn't like Carol. Imagine my aunt's surprise decades later when she got a copy of her birth certificate and saw the doctor had added "ine" after Carol, legally turning her into a Caroline!

Alas, she died the end of last May. I miss her very much.