Invitation to participate on the 1st World Competition in Oriental Dance

leila_yu

I couldn't agree more with you, but I think that in some of my recent posts, I wrote that I had a chance to see her performance, presented as oriental and it had something to do with it, but.....Too wild and agressive for my taste...and I am being kind! :) I just said that I can't remember her name and that if I remember, I will write it here, if somebody want to find something more about her..

leila_yu

WHEW! lol I just had to defend her also because she is a great dancer and a nice person. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I hold no hard feelings. I will look forward to your posts in the future!

I understand you, bec I would defend her also if I read bad words about her...:)..But, she is so wonderful that we can all just admire to her...Can't wait to go to Athens again and hopefully to see her perfomnace this time!!! :pray:

P.S. Did anyone maybe decided to go to that competition?If somebody goes, pls write us what is it about!!

Noura

In response to the concern and over exagerrated imaginations on here, I wanted to respond to a couple of things which are quite blantantly wrong.

The Valencia Flyer to which you all refer is not in any way related to this competition. The dates on the flyer clearly indicated June, when this competition is in April, thus it is clearly something completely different and while I agree with your concerns over what it portrays there is no connection with that to this contest other that the same promotion company is publicising both events. There is also no requirement to appear in the "exotica" dancing which is being held as a completely separate contest in the same time.

I would however like to agree with some of the points, there was much promised by the promoters which has been failed to be realised the nearer the date of the contest arrived. Obviously they have had problems finding sufficient sponsorship to cover what they promised to some of the competitors.

Yes in conclusion it seems very much a publicity vehicle, for themsleves, especialy for their Americas Cup 2011 ambition clearly demonstrated on the site, also the contest is now being announced even by the promoters as a potential for self-promotion of the dancers.

In conclusion, not what was expected, but also not something as seedy and devious as some of you have led yourselves to believe.

Yes, we are a troupe of 30 who are going and I will tell you all about it when we return.

Last edited:

da Sage

Thanks for the heads-up, Noura, and welcome to the forum!:)

I look forward to hearing all about the competition.

Kharmine

In response to the concern and over exagerrated imaginations on here, I wanted to respond to a couple of things which are quite blantantly wrong...In conclusion, not what was expected, but also not something as seedy and devious as some of you have led yourselves to believe.

I'm sorry -- and you are...? Can anyone vouch for you, and did I overlook something that would give some actual VERIFIABLE information about this event and who is sponsoring it?

Because otherwise how do we know that we have "exagerrated" imaginations and have led ourselves to believe the worst? We are not idiots; we are quite aware of scamps, scams, sleazy promoters and downright dangerous "too-good-to-be-true" offers that take advantage of ignorant or naive people.

Not seen anything that would change my mind the event is anything but highly dubious, at the very least. The latest post meant to "reassure" us comes off as just plain rude.

Noura

Further news, there will be no "exotica" part to the show at all. The competition is only belly dance. "Exotica" remains a probably poorly chosen use of name for the publicity company.

As I said the competition is in place mainly to attract interest in their America's Cup challange in 2011 and will offer publicity for the dancers through TV coverage of the event. It is also true that the Slovenia company had not managed to find sufficient sponsorship to provide for the level of prize money for which they had initially hoped. However, the transport, accommodation and food are all paid for.

As for the perceived rudeness of my first comments, well I don't see why it had to be taken so personally. With comments of human traffiking, prostitution etc it was quite clear there was a lot of fear caused by over active minds.

As I said we are a troupe of 30+ and we also included a theatre troupe amongst our number because our show is a theatrical dance performance of 1001 Nights. We have been in communication with the company for SLovenia for a number of months now and have also had some girls there making publicity for them. I think that this gives me a more "in-touch" position to comment from.

Thus, we are a mixed troupe of men and women and I dont really think anyone would be making a contract with us to go there as a mixed group for any other purpose than theatrical and dance. ;)

YC MAGIC STAR

Additional Informations

I am sorry for those who got spamed, ripped off by organizators of competitions in the past.

Organizator is yaht club Magic Star from Slovenia as it was said in the first place.

Exotica is a name of brand, word exotica in Europe means exotica! - in Slovene grammatic explanation is: exotica - something what is exotic, oriental exotica, fen of exotica, something exotic coming from different country,expl. the exotic of the country has charming the person. to us everything different coming from different culture which charming us is exotical.

The word exotica has nothing to do with strippers, nudity etc.

I also said we do not offer any money awards but we do have practical awards, the first 3 solo competers will receive gold jewelery:
1. place 150 €
2.place 100 €
3.place 50 €

We do know how much money we have and what we can cover, we cover travel expenses and accomodation
Accomodation will be at the: Celje hut their contact is on the web site , go ahead and ask them . we did rent it for the event.

Travel expenses will be covered, we still can add some solo performers. Dont take this as we need them but because of missunderstanding or bad gosspi some of dancers might not apply, if anyone of you want it send email to the info@missship.com

About the picture( by the way we toke it off the site), dancer on the picture is an oriental dancer, maybe some of them was offensive but this oriental dance does a hell of a show and some amazing floor dance.

It was enough said on this forum about the event, I don't speak the best English and I apologize to all who got offeded by bad English written in invitation . I am suprise how people are misserable and getting offended but I did not get a simple nice email ceorrecting me or the invitation note.

We deffinately want nice contestants with nice attitude, everything can be asked on nice way so please be nice , say nice what do you have to say either you do not agree .

Live and let people to live,

YC MS

Dev

I do believe some people have confused the word EXOTICA with EROTICA.....;)

Hello Noura, I dont think so, We hear a lot of things about this kind of competetion where the organisers lure the innocent Belly dancers to dance for something else. (Not the bunch of mad belly dancers in this forum, They are not so innocent.);)

Welcome to the forum by the way. And dont forget to post some pics of the competition in Slovenia at the gallery section.
Regards

Moon

I still don't know what Exotica is. A brand, yes, but a brand of what??? Shoes? Cars? Milk products?

Noura

Hello Noura, I dont think so, We hear a lot of things about this kind of competetion where the organisers lure the innocent Belly dancers to dance for something else. (Not the bunch of mad belly dancers in this forum, They are not so innocent.);)

Welcome to the forum by the way. And dont forget to post some pics of the competition in Slovenia at the gallery section.
Regards

I understand what you are saying but the word Exotica just means that which refers to exotic things or objects. Well I thing we can all agree that belly dance is something exotic as in, another part of the world or foreign.

It's right to be cautious but I think the fact that they contracted our troupe of men and women to make a theatrical performance of our show during the contest hopefully indicates that they are above board and genuine in their intention.

I hope to be able to return to report the same afterwards and hopefully if they sustain the contest into a second year maybe some from here will be there. ;)

Moon

That's a good point Noura, I hope you and your troupe will have fun :)

But why can no-one tell me what kind of brand exotica is???

Noura

That's a good point Noura, I hope you and your troupe will have fun :)

But why can no-one tell me what kind of brand exotica is???

I dont think when he said brand he was quite correct with his English. I dont think he was referring to branding as for example different brands of coffee. I think he was more trying to tell you that it was just the name of the promotions company and as such is just a name.

But I will get someone to check for Exotica while we are there, just in case! :)

Kharmine

"It's right be cautious." Period. No buts.

Unfortunately, it's an old, old scam to have some person pretend to be a neutral third party to try to reassure a potential victim that the original scammer can be trusted.

Not saying Noura is not legit -- just making the point we seem to know as little about her as we do about this mysterious event's sponsors.

Noura

Well I can assure you that my association is only with the troupe "Celestial Dancers" - You can see a little or who we are from the link to our website in my profile.

I don't believe you intended any rudeness in your comment, but I also know nothing of anyone on here and I am sure you don't have personal knowledge of every other single member. But this isn't why I am here.

As I said look to our site, which is unfortunately in need of a little bit of an update but you will see from there that we are a genuine performance troupe.

KuteNurse

I think I have to follow my instincts on this one. It just doesn't sit right and there are too many "?"s and no accuracy in events. I Just dont trust.

da Sage

Hi Noura,

I really like the photos on your site.:) I'm curious, what country is your troupe in? And is swinging poi (the flaming strings) as popular in Europe as it is here in the U.S.A.?

Noura

Our troupe is from Romania. Yes, as I said the site is in need of some update, especially to also put into English language. Under spectacole you can also see some small videos from the show to get more of an idea of how we perform, I am sure you will agree it is something purely artistic and theatrical.

The fire poi is something we introduced into the show, they are generally still more popular in Western Europe and I guess the US :) but the use of it fits very well into the story of our performance of 1001 Nights.