why people like this put out instructional clips on youtube

Suheir

During a meeting with representatives of the Bluecoat Chambers, Ishtar and the Event Organisers, the photo in question was inspected and showed that while underwear (g-string) was worn, it had shifted during the dance and pubic hair was visible. I have it on good authority that she still has the letter of confirmation from the Bluecoat Chambers.
She's written a whole article about in on her website! :shok: "I was relieved when I did see the photo which was really quite beautiful. Me, in a very low back bend, a few pubic hairs (visible if you looked really close - hens have good eyes for pecking at small things) adorned with a variety of beads in red blue and gold. G-string clearly visible on the top of my thigh"

Blimey. There are several photos of her accompanying this article, in one of them she's squatting on the floor with a discarded thong next to her and in another her bare buttocks are on display through a mesh dress. Ugh.

There are several teachers quoted on her 'endorsements' page, recommending her instructional video! Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be taught by them...

Aniseteph

:naghty: Oh NOW look what you've done Suheir, I just had to go back in the Temple and look, didn't I? :rolleyes: ;) Trying to button my lip but as you say, blimey.

I can't imagine why people I hardly know should be concerned about my dance career, the clothes I wear and the language I use...... How can it possibly concern them?
perfumeshop;42257 said:
... and since that "happening" the belly dance community has been told by the organisers they wanted no more performances by the belly dancers on Merseyside. Dancing displays are now chosen and invited by the commitee and apart from an evening event with selected dancers, are usually "folkloric".

:rolleyes:

Aisha Azar

Spam

Kharmine,
As moderator of this area of the forum, I decided to wait and see if anything further happens with this post before taking action. I feel there is not enough there to make a decision on at this point. If more such posts occur, either in this area of the forum, or another, then I will delete it. Meanwhile, I will give the post the benefit of the doubt in case the writer is sincere. Best to err on the side of politeness. It is not nasty, rude or overtly commercial.
A'isha

Kharmine

Kharmine,
As moderator of this area of the forum, I decided to wait and see if anything further happens with this post before taking action. I feel there is not enough there to make a decision on at this point. If more such posts occur, either in this area of the forum, or another, then I will delete it. Meanwhile, I will give the post the benefit of the doubt in case the writer is sincere. Best to err on the side of politeness. It is not nasty, rude or overtly commercial.
A'isha

I quite agree with you. I was hoping this first-time post-er will clarify exactly why he/she thinks private messaging on this topic is necessary.

Aisha Azar

I quite agree with you. I was hoping this first-time post-er will clarify exactly why he/she thinks private messaging on this topic is necessary.

People have various reasons for their actions. My thought when I first read it was that she might want an in depth and personal. Regardless, she is entitled to her privacy if she wants it, unless she is proven to be a spammer who is trying to take advantage of us..

charity

I got the impression that the g-string was one of those that was all dental floss with half a beer mat for the front:shok: I had the unfortunate experience of owning one and it never stayed where it was supposed to (Aggghhh..camels hoof!!!)

ewww

camel hoofs...confused: i call'em toes even though camels dont have toes. and i think thats AS IT SHOULD BE...

hel-looo...camel called, he wants his toes back.

i am nauseated.

Shanazel

:shok: "I was relieved when I did see the photo which was really quite beautiful. Me, in a very low back bend, a few pubic hairs (visible if you looked really close - hens have good eyes for pecking at small things) adorned with a variety of beads in red blue and gold. G-string clearly visible on the top of my thigh" ...

Surely I must be misreading this: she adorns her pubic hair with red, blue and gold beads? Like Bo Derek braids?

I think I will go lay down and have someone put cold compresses on my fevered brow. Just when you think you've heard everything...

charity

yea those must be some long pubes. bluh.

some people fear spiders, i fear the stray pube. how do i sleep at night?

Shanazel

Well, exhibitionists tend to attract the attention of cops- does that count?

A friend of mine who worked as an exotic dancer from the time she was a fifteen year old run-away until she was in her mid-thirties once told me how strict the laws re: bodily disclosure were in some places. She said in Seattle you could get busted and fined for a single pubic hair showing, and heaven help you if you lost a pastie in Houston. A dancer had to be licensed to perform topless, she had to pay stage fees to employers- I'll tell you, the life of a topless dancer was not for sissies in the seventies and eighties. I wonder if it is any better now.

Nat242

She's written a whole article about in on her website! :shok: "I was relieved when I did see the photo which was really quite beautiful. Me, in a very low back bend, a few pubic hairs (visible if you looked really close - hens have good eyes for pecking at small things) adorned with a variety of beads in red blue and gold. G-string clearly visible on the top of my thigh"

Blimey. There are several photos of her accompanying this article, in one of them she's squatting on the floor with a discarded thong next to her and in another her bare buttocks are on display through a mesh dress. Ugh.

There are several teachers quoted on her 'endorsements' page, recommending her instructional video! Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be taught by them...

I guess what it comes down to is that some people are impervious to criticism or suggestions of any kind, especially when it comes to their art.

I was quite shocked to read this article and be confronted by bare buttocks on a dance teachers' website. Heck, I've seen web pages for dance teachers offering pole dancing and strip tease that don't parade nudity and underwear, why does this woman think it is necessary? :rolleyes:

Aisha Azar

Dance, erc.

Well, exhibitionists tend to attract the attention of cops- does that count?

A friend of mine who worked as an exotic dancer from the time she was a fifteen year old run-away until she was in her mid-thirties once told me how strict the laws re: bodily disclosure were in some places. She said in Seattle you could get busted and fined for a single pubic hair showing, and heaven help you if you lost a pastie in Houston. A dancer had to be licensed to perform topless, she had to pay stage fees to employers- I'll tell you, the life of a topless dancer was not for sissies in the seventies and eighties. I wonder if it is any better now.

Dear Shanazel,
In the 80s in Washington, the laws for exotic dancers became quite strict due to god knows what, BUT, belly dancers were consdered to be exotic dancers and the "6 foot law" became the law for belly dancers as well. This law meant that there must be 6 feet between the dancer and the audience or customer at all times. It did not affect me very much because I have never been a crumb duster ( dancer who goes out into the audience to the tables for tips). However, those who danced ONLY for tips and those who went out for them in general were very upset. ( Delilah had a huge cow!!) I know a couple of dancers who were basically supporting their kids on the money they earned and this rule affcted them very badly. Anyway... by the late 80s, the whole thing seemed to blow over and you could be at George's ( a nightclub with a live Arab band in Seattle, owned by a Greek guy) any night of the week and watch the dancers get fondled for a dollar.
Regards,
A'isha

Shanazel

Thanks for the update, A'isha. Luci retired from exotic dancing about the time the laws in Washington loosened up. She made a ton more money dancing topless than I ever did dancing bedlahed, tips or no tips. Made her whole living that way; my belly dancing and teaching money was always an important supplement to my day job, but I could not have lived on it. A number of years ago, some exotic dancers in San Francisco started a union to try and get fair practices from employers and reasonable salaries, but it eventually fell apart because so many dancers were willing to cross the line and dance under any conditions. A shame. Those men and women are treated very poorly by a lot of employers.

Well, I reckon I'm off topic AGAIN. Sorry.

Mariyam

Looks like the same kind of "military" instructional video originally posted at the begining of this thread. I still think these are aimed at hearing-impaired people ;) and honestly, I don't find anything wrong with that?

Edit: better yet, this *is* the same girl!

Moon

I know... and I watched some of her videos and she actually is quite flexible and fluent when she's doing some kind of modern ballet.

Why she makes this kind of dangerous, embarrasing "instructional videos" is a complete mystery to me...

Shanazel

Looks like the same kind of "military" instructional video originally posted at the begining of this thread. I still think these are aimed at hearing-impaired people ;) and honestly, I don't find anything wrong with that?

Edit: better yet, this *is* the same girl!

That is a generous assessment, but hearing impaired people aren't necessarily sight impaired and can follow visual instruction without deliberate, overdone movement. This is the visual version of people who exaggerate the movements of their mouths when they discover I have a hearing problem and need to watch them speak in order to hear them- such exaggerations actually make understanding more difficult.

Mariyam

Or she just has no talent in teaching... also possible! ;)

Must admit I haven't been around many hearing-impaired in my life, except the girl in my dance class 2 years ago!