First Class ever!

arcane77

I had my first BD class last week and I'm going through withdrawals BAAADD!!

I absolutely love it and wished I was introduced to BD many years earlier.
Its only once a week and I wish it was at least twice. Id say everyday but i couldn't fit it all in hahah!

I'm hunting a second class, that's how desperate I am for BD! otherwise ill do my dvd.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Imeera

Oh yes, me too =] I haven't been able to do any belly dance since May as I came back home for the summer. The one class I did find was awful. I left all my DvDs at the house at Uni. But I start soon in late September! I can't wait!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Glad you found yourself a class:D Whereabouts in Melbourne did you find your class? As for a 2nd class keep searching you are bound to find another. Where there's a will there's a way;):D
~Mosaic

PS: I've moved your thread to Instructors & Students.

Last edited:

Sherezade

Is it me or dance classes seem to be only once a week? :think: In Portugal, the country I originally come from, classes only once a week (a slot of 45 minutes, I should add) is about 50€ per month!! :shok: If you want more than once a week, it gets about 70€ and I've seen 100€ for 3 times... :shok::shok::shok: And we're always talking about 45 minutes each time. Is dancing cheaper in your countries, girls? More expensive?
Here in South Africa I pay around 35€ a month and it's also only once a week but we practice for 2h. My teacher also teaches us some steps from other types (she does salsa and burlesque with us) and we also do some choreographies.

Kashmir

Is it me or dance classes seem to be only once a week? :think: In Portugal, the country I originally come from, classes only once a week (a slot of 45 minutes, I should add) is about 50€ per month!! :shok:
Pre-earthquake I ran 5-7 classes a week - 75 minutes each - I'm just getting back to 4 classes a week this week. However, except when I ran two Intro courses at the same time new beginners only had one class to go to. But as here there are least 5 other schoold though so you could probably do a class Monday-Saturday!

Daimona

Is it me or dance classes seem to be only once a week? :think: In Portugal, the country I originally come from, classes only once a week (a slot of 45 minutes, I should add) is about 50€ per month!! :shok: If you want more than once a week, it gets about 70€ and I've seen 100€ for 3 times... :shok::shok::shok: And we're always talking about 45 minutes each time. Is dancing cheaper in your countries, girls? More expensive?
Here in South Africa I pay around 35€ a month and it's also only once a week but we practice for 2h. My teacher also teaches us some steps from other types (she does salsa and burlesque with us) and we also do some choreographies.

We had a thread about class prices a while back: http://www.bellydanceforums.net/other-dance-stuff/12724-few-questions.html

arcane77

Glad you found yourself a class:D Whereabouts in Melbourne did you find your class? As for a 2nd class keep searching you are bound to find another. Where there's a will there's a way;):D
~Mosaic

PS: I've moved your thread to Instructors & Students.

HI Mosaic!!
Yes, I found a class finally. Thanks for your referrals too :) Got a class down at Springers Centre, it fits with my free day, as for the ones you referred me to I want to get into a class with one of the teachers but I will have to convince Granny to come and look after the little ones so I can escape for an hour, hee hee!

Classes are 45mins at the moment but will hopefully be bumped up to 1hour for next term.

Im so excited!! its only Tuesday...!!!! two more sleeps hahaha :D

Thanks for moving thread, i realised i posted in the wrong area after i hit the button.

BellaBohemian

I would take more classes more often too but my current issue is money. My instructor holds a classes just about every day I believe, but she teaches at several different locations. Its all an hour long, unless you take her class at the college.

Either way, if you are interested in taking BD seriously its still a good idea to find more then one teacher. :) Good luck on your hunt!

S.Zainab

I also limit my classes due to funds. There are a lot of teachers and classes in L.A., but it gets extremely pricey.

I currently take classes with two different teachers; one class every week and the other class every other week (both one hour long). I was a bit disappointed by my limitations at first, but I'm starting to realize that the amount of classes, plus DVD learning, is just the right pace for me.

KestrelAradia

I found a teacher a while ago and searched her videos on YT and I absolutely love her dance style.
Hopefully this teacher will be a LOT better than my previous horror story of a teacher!

I also found a college BD group that teaches classes for free:dance: they dance great and hopefully their teaching will be great too!

Wish me luck!