In praise of Randa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taheya

I had a fantastic time at the midlands dance extravaganza and I took 3 workshops with Randa who was an incredible teacher!!!! Physically extremely demanding but my God so inspiring!!!!
Her performance on the saturday night was out of this world --- just breathtaking and to see her in such close proximity was unbelievable. I cant wait to study with her again... she is a phenominal oriental dancer. Anybody else there???

Aisha Azar

Randa

I had a fantastic time at the midlands dance extravaganza and I took 3 workshops with Randa who was an incredible teacher!!!! Physically extremely demanding but my God so inspiring!!!!
Her performance on the saturday night was out of this world --- just breathtaking and to see her in such close proximity was unbelievable. I cant wait to study with her again... she is a phenominal oriental dancer. Anybody else there???

Dear Taheya,
Randa is my very favorite of the current crop of newer dancers. I think she is fantastic and my only disappointment when I was in Egypt was that I did not get to see her perform or take a private with her. I am so glad that you see what I see! I hope to take a class with her when she is in the States next.
Regards,
A'isha

karena

Wasn't there but I have learnt with Randa before. I felt very star struck just to be in the same room as her. She was very demanding but good. At least half the class fell by the wayside. Glad you had a good time Taheya :dance:

Tuija

I was there, too, and enjoyed enormously. Randa is building up a very strict teacher style, she is demanding but also understands that we have a big desire to develop and learn more. I will repeat her words here so that everyone can get her point: to be a dancer you need to have a good balance. It is not all about hip movements, it is all your body, including hair, hands, fingers, eyes...you must really concentrate and work with a drummer to learn the rhythms (ok, finding a drummer in Finland, oh no).

We had a class with choreography first but for the two last classes she preferred to work on steps and combinations because we were not able to
follow - so many "dropping" to grasp a little breath and later sitting down.

On the show, we really got a close look on her because she was dancing on the floor, not on stage, in front of us. It was the first time for me to see her so close and I was about to fall from my chair because of the all energy she put there, and my heart was touched.

Today, I am back from this experience and feel a bit sick, because I think I overdid my physical limits so much. But I have followed her everywhere in europe I know she has been (Berlin last year and now Nottingham, Uk) so just give me info where she is going to be next, and I'll jump in. Oh, probably not jump today, because of me legs ....

Last edited:

taheya

I was there, too, and enjoyed enormously. Randa is building up a very strict teacher style, she is demanding but also understands that we have a big desire to develop and learn more. I will repeat her words here so that everyone can get her point: to be a dancer you need to have a good balance. It is not all about hip movements, it is all your body, including hair, hands, fingers, eyes...you must really concentrate and work with a drummer to learn the rhythms (ok, finding a drummer in Finland, oh no).

We had a class with choreography first but for the two last classes she preferred to work on steps and combinations because we were not able to
follow - so many "dropping" to grasp a little breath and later sitting down.

On the show, we really got a close look on her because she was dancing on the floor, not on stage, in front of us. It was the first time for me to see her so close and I was about to fall from my chair because of the all energy she put there, and my heart was touched.

Today, I am back from this experience and feel a bit sick, because I think I overdid my physical limits so much. But I have followed her everywhere in europe I know she has been (Berlin last year and now Nottingham, Uk) so just give me info where she is going to be next, and I'll jump in. Oh, probably not jump today, because of me legs ....

Tuija Randa will be coming back to Nottingham next year, I cant wait! Will keep you posted if I hear of any other places hosting her. She is so inspiring and a wonderful teacher. I am hoping to go to Cairo later in the year so i hope to catch up with her then.