The BOB reloaded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yshka

Moon, your logo is so cute! That really is Salome in the middle, nice!!

I was thinking of the thing Aisha came up with, BOB with a silhouette of a bellydancer in it, but in my mind the silhouette could also be bigger than the letters, so like in the background of the entire thing. And then under BOB in cool little font "Bitches of Bellydance"

Might also say Bitches of Bellydance on the back too lol.

chryssanthi sahar

Hey Moon, your logo looks really cool!!!:) And it has my favorite colours;)
Tank tops is exactly what I was thinking of Yshka;) , but also neck-holder tops.
Wow, it's exciting, the idea is getting flesh and bones slowly. Maybe one day we can even organize a BOB-conference:D

Shanazel

I'm not sure what a neck holder top is, but I would be happy to have a crop top tee shirt to wear for practice, as well as a regular one to wear just because. Sign me up. I kind of like the idea of just having the t-shirt say BOB, without the Bitches of Bellydance so that people would ask "What the heck is BOB?" and I could segue into my belly dance lecture number 3.5(a).

Aisha Azar

Bob

Dear Moon,
"Tude" is street talk in some parts of the States for "Attitude". The idea is kind of a very self confident or sometimes even superior attitude. I thought the dancer looked very self confident on the logo.
REgards,
A'isha

Moon

Thank you ladies :D

chryssanthi_sahar said:
Hey Moon, your logo looks really cool!!! And it has my favorite colours
I know, the colours were inspired on you wishes ;)

Dear Moon,
"Tude" is street talk in some parts of the States for "Attitude". The idea is kind of a very self confident or sometimes even superior attitude. I thought the dancer looked very self confident on the logo.
REgards,
A'isha

Thank you for explaining. It's a picture of Salome (2nd picture on lowest row) which I modified a little.

Yshka

Originally posted by Chryssanthi Sahar:
but also neck-holder tops

YES!!! omg Chryssanthi I was thinking this too but I didn't know what they were called in English:D

I'd love a BOB conference, that would be great: BOB unity lol:cool:

Iris

Aisha Azar

Bob

Dear Yshka,
Yes, a conference! And we simply must have keynote bitchers!! The conference topics could be:
* What Bitches do and what our constituents expect
* Effective Bitching in the face of complacency
* Enabling others to Bitch with confidence
* Encouraging the Inner Bitch
* Strategic Bitching for the 21st Century
Regards,
A'isha

chryssanthi sahar

YES!!! omg Chryssanthi I was thinking this too but I didn't know what they were called in English:D
Iris

Dear Iris, I'm not sure, if native speakers of English use the same word for this kind of T-shirts. Shanazel for example didn't really understand what I was talking about:eek: We call this kind of top "neck-holder" here in Germany, but sometimes Germans use English words in another way than British or Americans do. The cellular phone (mobile phone) for example is called "handy" in German. It is an English word, but used in a non-authentic way (do we know those fusions from somewhere?:D )
Please, dear American and British friends in the forum, tell us, how do you call those cute little tops which you tie at the neck?

Dear Moon, thanks for considering my colour wishes:)

Last edited:

chryssanthi sahar

Dear Yshka,
Yes, a conference! And we simply must have keynote bitchers!! The conference topics could be:
* What Bitches do and what our constituents expect
* Effective Bitching in the face of complacency
* Enabling others to Bitch with confidence
* Encouraging the Inner Bitch
* Strategic Bitching for the 21st Century
Regards,
A'isha

Aisha, you are a genious:) We really have to organize a BOB conference.

Safran

Please, dear American and British friends in the forum, tell us, how do you call those cute little tops which you tie at the neck?

I am not really a native speaker, but I believe you call those things halter tops?! Correct me if I am wrong

And on the conference - just think how much media coverage such an event would get! Dancers and their attitudes would get famous instantly. And no more misinterpretations of the dance after that! :D

Maariku
(already imagining how the countries will have to compete to host the next BOB conference :p)

Aisha Azar

Bob

Dear Chryssanthi,
Thank you for the compliment!!
Also, I might not be correct, but I wonder if the German neckholder and the American halter top might not mean the same thing....???

Dear Moon,
Well, of course there would be dancing, but my goodness, the critical eyes of the audience might be a bit daunting for all but the most courageous of Bitches!! We Bitches expect to see the good stuff on stage and will settle for nothing less!!

Regards,
A'isha

Shanazel

Neck holder top, halter top- well, duh, Shanazel, seems like you could've figured that one out on your own.

How about Theraputic Bitching as a topic for the conference? Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch, of course. And how about the males amongst us- do they need a starter course, or is "bitch" non-gender specific in this instance?

Moon

Wow, all those bitches grouped together. I wander if any journalist would dare to show up at the conference and ask a question like: "bellydance, wasn't that meant to seduce men?"
;)

Yshka

I feel so idiotic lol! they are called halter-tops in Dutch as well... Why didnt I think of that?:D

Moon, that reporter thing would be fun:p He'd have the most enourmous BOB experience ever!

A'isha, those ideas for the BOB conference are great!! Would be great to actually have one!

Last edited:

chryssanthi sahar

Neck holder top, halter top- well, duh, Shanazel, seems like you could've figured that one out on your own.?

Thank you Shanazel, now I know what a halter top is;)

How about Theraputic Bitching as a topic for the conference? Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch, of course. And how about the males amongst us- do they need a starter course, or is "bitch" non-gender specific in this instance?

The therapeutic stuff is great idea! Discover your Inner Bitch and feed her:D I think "bitch" is o.k. also for male dancers. We just define the word as non-gender specific. What do the other BOBs think about it?

Aisha Azar

Bob

Dear Group,
Of course BOBs is not gender specific!! Bitches come in all shapes, sizes, colors, genders, ages. religious affiliations and political groups!!
Viva the BOBs!!!!
A'isha

Yshka

I so agree! Bitches are omnipresent:D Men, women, all shapes and sizes!!
As long as we've got that special bitchy thing that makes us who we are,

the BOB-factor:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.