Mayas

tattooedwoman

Hello all, I am having difficulties with mastering the Maya. I can do sways just fine but I see to have a problem with going in reverse when it comes to the hips. Any suggestions on how to improve technique and speed as of now fast moves and Mayas are a dream on the horizon.

Hypnos

Hello all, I am having difficulties with mastering the Maya. I can do sways just fine but I see to have a problem with going in reverse when it comes to the hips. Any suggestions on how to improve technique and speed as of now fast moves and Mayas are a dream on the horizon.

Hey,

I had a lot of difficulties with mayas as well until recently, my teacher told me that the trick is to push out as you lift your hip. Not lift then push, otherwise you make it a lot more difficult for yourself. As soon as she said that, a light bulb went off and I could suddenly do them.

The only trick to improve speed is to drill until the move is second nature...that is literally it. Once your muscle memory is totally down, speed will come with it, you just need to give yourself time and keep practicing.

Happy dancing! x

tattooedwoman

thank you

I will give your advice a go. Both are useful as I have already started to use them I stood up in front of the computer and tried both. :D Thank you for the advice.