Ranya Renee's workshops -- MUST DO!!!

Safran

Ranya, I am SO glad you're coming to Stockholm in February - I will do my best to be there for the whole long weekend!

RanyaRenee

He he, its done !
I'm the official "chef" of the bellydance community, and my kitchen parties are famous !
So consider it done with koshari, fallafel, taboulah and shisha !!! ;)

I am going to hold you to this, Maria. :D Yeah!!

Ranya, I am SO glad you're coming to Stockholm in February - I will do my best to be there for the whole long weekend!

Great! I think it is going to be January 29-30 weekend... Lena Helt and Katja are arranging it. I'm really looking forward to it. :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:

Corylus

I just wanted to write on this thread after having a 4 hour workshop with Ranya yesterday. What a fantastic teacher and wonderful person she is!

There was only seven of us there, we got a great level of personal feedback.
I feel that the things Ranya taught me will be of such great help in the future. I got home and wrote pages in my notebook.

I am looking forward to applying her breathing techniques and other things I learnt to my dancing. She is such a friendly, funny person too; I had a great day learning from her then grabbing a bite to eat after and having a chat :D

walladah

Last Saturday i attended

Ranya's workshops in Athens.
She is awesome! Moreover, she is a very generous teacher, to the point that she was teaching as much as she could (instead of just filling a workshop "curriculum" with what students could possibly absorb) on technique, style, cultural aspects etc.

I suspect i will be working for months on the new stuff she taught us!

Moreover, she is one of the few teachers who also shows ways on how to study, e.g. practicing techniques and not just a hip move or a movement sequence!

Do not miss her workshops anyhow!

And yes, she is very very friendly, verifying the rule "the better the dancer/teacher, the friendlier she is"!

taheya

Please come back to the UK for workshops Ranya!

I really hope somebody hosts you in the UK for workshops Ranya- your DVDs are fantastic- the best i have seen and I would love to attend workshops of yours! xxx

Imeera

I really hope somebody hosts you in the UK for workshops Ranya- your DVDs are fantastic- the best i have seen and I would love to attend workshops of yours! xxx

Herehere! I am saving up to get one of your DvD's I have been hearing so much about them I can't resist!

Aniseteph

I just wanted to write on this thread after having a 4 hour workshop with Ranya yesterday. What a fantastic teacher and wonderful person she is!

There was only seven of us there, we got a great level of personal feedback.
I feel that the things Ranya taught me will be of such great help in the future. I got home and wrote pages in my notebook.

I am looking forward to applying her breathing techniques and other things I learnt to my dancing. She is such a friendly, funny person too; I had a great day learning from her then grabbing a bite to eat after and having a chat :D

Seconding all of that! and thanks so much for organising it. It felt like one of those taking-it-to-the-next-level days for me, and so much to take home and work on. :cool:

Though I might be totally spoilt now for ordinary workshops with lots of people and hardly any feedback!

Corylus

Hi! You're welcome, organising that workshop was a valuable experience for me especially seen as now I know where to find a nice, reasonably priced studio in London!

We can but hope she comes back over here some time so we can study with her again! :pray:

RanyaRenee

I had a great time on my Euro-tour in January, and really enjoyed the teaching experiences as well as meeting dancers in Greece, England, and Sweden.

I expect to be going back through London on my way to Turkey again this summer, probably mid-to-late July, but possibly at end of May/early June. Will post back here when i know my plans, or feel free to follow up with me in a month or so.

Happy dancing!

rr

Kjesta

I wish that I could take a workshop from you, Ranya! I have your baladi and modern oriental dvds and am saving up for the taqasim one.

Do you plan on ever coming to Germany? Anasma has been to Düsseldorf at the Orientale this year and the last, she said she was asked by the festival to come - would you consider coming if people asked the festival to make you come here? :pray: You and Anasma are my two of my greatest dance inspirationds :D

Samoraraks

Ranya in Atlanta March 18th-20th!

I second everyone's sentiments about the lovely Ranya Renee. I am excited to be hosting her for workshops in Atlanta, GA this weekend. Anyone is welcome to join us. Visit: Belly Dance by Samora for more details!:D

rsps

How wonderful! I was just thinking I need to get myself down to L.I. and take one of her classes!
I was just working on a Balady tonight and kept going back to her dvd.
I dance on my toes a bit to much to feel really grounded...need to break some bad habits!

RayaDancer

How wonderful! I was just thinking I need to get myself down to L.I. and take one of her classes!
I was just working on a Balady tonight and kept going back to her dvd.
I dance on my toes a bit to much to feel really grounded...need to break some bad habits!

hey there! i used to go to her classes in long island! she's a great teacher! also she's doing a shimmy workshop in LI this saturday with Shoshanna. Sounds like, fun, wish i could make it. :(