whilst sitting

Hi Miss Shimmy, Good question! I'll do undulations, belly rolls and flutters, shoulder rolls and ribcage moves. The sholuder rolls and ribcage moves prevent my back from tightening up.
Yasmine

miss_shimmy

yey

Yasmine,thats awesome,its quite amazing how much I get done whilst I am working at my computer.
I time myself with each move,each move five minutes:D

Gia al Qamar

I practice isolating adductor and abductors and glutes while I surf eBay.
I practice shoulder shimmies while playing computer solitaire.
I practice rib cage slides while updating my website.
I practice undulations (up on the Oriental Dance.net forum, down while surfing Bhuz).
:dance: :rolleyes: :dance:
Gia

gwinity

I practice belly rolls, chest lifts/slides, shoulder rolls and shimmies and (if there's no-one in my office) serpentines and snake arms, all from the comfort of my desk.

If there are people around, I keep the movements down to just unpbtrusive belly rolls. :)

Yshka

I also would like to know;) .

I mostly practise while sitting at the computer, bellyrolls and undulations, shoulder shimmies, ribcage slides, chestlifts, chestcircles and -figure eights, contracting glutes, I also try to locate separate muscles and just contracting and releasing those to gain more strength there.

I spend a lot of time sitting on trains and busses also, which is where I will practise just as well while sitting. Now I wouldn't know about snakearms though, they are a bit hard when typing and will make you look really odd if you start doing them on a bus or a train all of a sudden lol:D

Last edited:

miss_shimmy

isnt it great!!!

thats fantastic isnt it...I too would like to know what the serpent is?
doing figure 8's...now theres one I had not thought of...thankx yshka!

snakey arms in public...now that could be interesting on the bus tomorrow....he he he:) :D ;)

Yshka

Miss Shimmy said:
snakey arms in public...now that could be interesting on the bus tomorrow....he he he

Lol, I would love to see people's reactions when someone does that:lol:

I'm now trying to get my belly to flutter, but there seems to be not much fluttering going on. Just a real slow one.

Last edited:

Sara

I've been trying that too, but I can't do it the complicated way so I just pull my under rib bit in and out as fast as I can.

My main problem is the lower abs. :(

Yshka

Me too! I'm trying the complicated way lol, but still I'm slow as hell.. Back to practise I guess. What about your lower abs?

miss_shimmy

lower abs

i find my lower abs easier to contract whilst sitting,and my bellyroll is not far away as i am sitting,so i know that over time it will be just as effective when standing.
thats right girls,all we can do is pracise where we can,when we can.I now look forward to longer bus journeys as i can do some sat down bellydancing..yey!
last night i was tensing the top of my back,that was good,realy lifted up my chest and gave instant great posture:)

Moon

Yshka said:
Lol, I would love to see people's reactions when someone does that:lol:
Try it when you don't want people to sit next to you ;) I once couldn't stop laughing while in the bus cause something funny happened at school and no-one dared to sit next to me.

When I sit down, I practice belly movements. Can't do a flutter without breathing weird :(

Yshka

Moon, LOL!!! that could work but it's not easy to do snakearms and not slap the person you don't want sitting beside you:lol:

Miss Shimmy, I know about the back thing! It works wonderfully, I've been watching my posture closely, keeping my chest a bit lifted and my shoulders straight for the last few months, and noticed that I'm standing (and sitting) straighter than before, my lower belly doesn't look weird anymore because it lifts that as well, and then I did a tribal workshop where we had to lift AND sort of arch (I don't know if this is the right description, but think tribal posture) our upper back, and after standing like that for a while it even felt painfull to "slump" back down again. My posture's been nicer ever since:cool:

I'm also working on bellyrolls and flutters while sitting at the moment, I do those mostly, and chestcircles. My flutter is still really slow

sstacy123

Try it when you don't want people to sit next to you ;) I once couldn't stop laughing while in the bus cause something funny happened at school and no-one dared to sit next to me.

That reminds me of my when I was flying from Germany to the Netherlands...I thought of something funny from the trip I'd just been on and couldn't stop laughing...I bet the man next to me thought I was a nut! And there was no where he could go!