Estonia is not at sleep in summer. Camp review

Khaira

Hello everyone!

Estonia is not in sleep in summer. This summer there are quite a few oriental camps going one across Estonia. I just came from one held at Vormsi island. The organizer was oriental dance cultivator no. One here, Pille Roosi.
Could You imagine a better place for oriental workshops camp, a picturesque island with a few inhabitants, lots of nature and fresh air, our very own little dance house in the middle of forest, the sea a few kilometers away.

We had choreography and oriental style technique classes for three days. I was the technique teacher and I had the ABSOLUTE DELIGHT of giving lessons in open air accompanied by TWO DRUMMERS, my lovely co-dancers Berit and Sandra. A very nice experience!

We had events on both nights. On Friday evening we had an Arabic folklore evening, introducing styles fros various countries, including music and dance. In addition we spent discussing oriental dance history image and the many more controversial subjects for over two hours! Very educational for both students and teachers!

The second evening was a concert for the local people. A lovely 1 hour show with all students and teachers. I bet first time the island people saw this live, or even saw it for the very first time ever. I believe we made a powerful impression!
After the concert we had relaxed watching videos from different Egyptian dancers throughout history, also of Asmahan, Khaled and Aida Nour. They are coming to Tallinn in September!

For me these kind of summer oriental themed get-aways are just perfect active vacation. To dance and to have fun and to be in nature and to perform and to hare this with other dancers.....a blast!!!

Here are some clips from folkloric and concert evenings.

YouTube - Kaidi performing ghawazee
YouTube - Kaidi at Vormsi concert

Are You attending summer events?

Take care!

Kaidi

Last edited:

da Sage

Hello everyone!

Estonia is not in sleep in summer. This summer there are quite a few oriental camps going one across Estonia. I just came from one held at Vormsi island. The organizer was oriental dance cultivator no. One here, Pille Roosi.
Could You imagine a better place for oriental workshops camp, a picturesque island with a few inhabitants, lots of nature and fresh air, our very own little dance house in the middle of forest, the sea a few kilometers away.

We had choreography and oriental style technique classes for three days. I was the technique teacher and I had the ABSOLUTE DELIGHT of giving lessons in open air accompanied by TWO DRUMMERS, my lovely co-dancers Berit and Sandra. A very nice experience!

We had events on both nights. On Friday evening we had an Arabic folklore evening, introducing styles fros various countries, including music and dance. In addition we spent discussing oriental dance history image and the many more controversial subjects for over two hours! Very educational for both students and teachers!

The second evening was a concert for the local people. A lovely 1 hour show with all students and teachers. I bet first time the island people saw this live, or even saw it for the very first time ever. I believe we made a powerful impression!
After the concert we had relaxed watching videos from different Egyptian dancers throughout history, also of Asmahan, Khaled and Aida Nour. They are coming to Tallinn in September!

For me these kind of summer oriental themed get-aways are just perfect active vacation. To dance and to have fun and to be in nature and to perform and to hare this with other dancers.....a blast!!!

Here are some clips from folkloric and concert evenings.

YouTube - Kaidi performing ghawazee
YouTube - Kaidi at Vormsi concert

Are You attending summer events?

Take care!

Kaidi

Just classes. I'm so crazy about bellydancing, I plan to attend a class held on Saturday nights (when the weather is cool, and the studio space is cheap).

Your event sounds very fun and educational, though!

karena

When you have a festival say in Estonia, what language do people teach in? Or do people just communicate through gesture?

da Sage

When you have a festival say in Estonia, what language do people teach in? Or do people just communicate through gesture?

I assume they teach in Estonian...or maybe English, if the teacher is a guest who doesn't live in Estonia.

Khaira

Hi there,

Yes, we speak in Estonian in classes. Or in english if the teacher if foreign.

Tigris72

Hi Khaira,

Great videoclips :clap: Just a question about you mentioned September, is it a festival in Tallin? Could you inform me (us) about it? Thanks!

Khaira

Hi Khaira,

Great videoclips :clap: Just a question about you mentioned September, is it a festival in Tallinn? Could you inform me (us) about it? Thanks!

Yes, our festival this year is with the Shewaya Sharqi! That is Asmahan, Aida Nour and Khaled and many local teachers teaching in Tallinn. The dates are 19 to 21 September. By the way, they are in Tampere the previous weekend;)

The festival plan has not jet peen published, but I'll keep You posted

Regards,

Kaidi

Tigris72

Khaira, Tampere has been postponed, is Tallin still on? Do you know if there will be "openstage" to perform? My troupe would love to come to Tallin ;)

Khaira

Khaira, Tampere has been postponed, is Tallin still on? Do you know if there will be "openstage" to perform? My troupe would love to come to Tallin ;)

Hello Tigris,

Im sorry to hear about Tampere. Our festival will still happen!
Yes, we will have a great open-stage, it's great, a proper stage in the middle of the festival hall.
You are welcome to come and perform! Did You also come to the last festival with Mohammed Hosseny?

Regards,

Kaidi

Tigris72

No, I didn´t attend last(or any) festival in Tallin, I have only attended in Finland so far :) Is there a webpage for September? I haven´t found any by googling.

Khaira

No, I didn´t attend last(or any) festival in Tallin, I have only attended in Finland so far :) Is there a webpage for September? I haven´t found any by googling.

Is not public yet, I know Pille Roosi, the organizer had compiled it, but the news will be published on 1st September the latest.

Last year's festival web-site was
Oriental Dance Festival 2006

I believe it will be for this year's too. Right now there is old news.

Ill let You know if something changes.

Kaidi

Khaira

Im so happy to finally present to You the website of Shewaya Sharky!

Oriental Dance Festival

Just choose "In english" from the left menu bar.

If You have any other questions, please write!

Kaidi

Maria_Aya

Wow !!! just checked the festival !!!!
seems like a great event !!! I'm jealousssssss
Wishing you all a big success !!

Maria Aya :)

Khaira

Wow !!! just checked the festival !!!!
seems like a great event !!! I'm jealousssssss
Wishing you all a big success !!

Maria Aya :)

Thanks Maria!
I hope that one day when Im very rich and famous and have my own festival :)))) I will fly You here for all my students, colleagues and friends.

Tigris72

Thank you so much ESTONIA for a wonderful festival!!! I attended Khaled´s drumsolo:clap: SAw saturdaynight show wit Asmahan:clap: (She´s wild:lol:)and we performed in saturday´s open stage:) and went for a dinner in greek restaurant and to dance in club venus:dance: absolutely fantastic get-away.