Thought-provoking belly dance costumes (TPBDC) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanazel

Last edited by a moderator:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I like that TPBDC :lol:- that one most definitely is! I actually like the colour, but it is somewhat too busy and kind of disjointed - or is it telling a story (hieroglyphics) that I just plain can't read!
~Mosaic

jenc

Jaw dropping so far it hit my foot. But why the new thread I think that is the ugliest one I have ever seen!!!

Phoebedances

Political correctness has reached the dance costumes forum.;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, I have to admit, I find the strap idea attractive. However, the beaded ( I think applique) work looks like something that you'd find on an old lady's jacket in Atlantic City.

lizaj

I think the thoughts this thread has provoked are worthy of another existing thread! Or perhaps a new thread for the ultra timid:
IHYDMBTIATBWWYBDC thread;)
The (I hope You Don't Mind But There Is A Teeny Bit Wrong With Your Belly Dance Costume)

Last edited:
I think the thoughts this thread has provoked are worthy of another existing thread! Or perhaps a new thread for the ultra timid:
IHYDMBTIATBWWYBDC thread;)
The (I hope You Don't Mind But There Is A Teeny Bit Wrong With Your Belly Dance Costume)

Isn't that the slogan for UBDC already?

Aisha Azar

HaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have to admit, I find the strap idea attractive. However, the beaded ( I think applique) work looks like something that you'd find on an old lady's jacket in Atlantic City.

Dear Phoebe,
Okay, you definitely win the Most Creative Description of a Truly Bizarre Costume Concept Award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you for it and agree totally!!
Regards,
A'isha

kayshier

the words thought-provoking" would normally suggest something positive giving food for thought...
i mean i do have thoughts about the costume and they are provoking me to say something that's not so nice. think i'll keep those thoughts to myself.:lol:

Marya

I bet some of those old ladies also belly dance, a niche market?

M

Phoebedances

Dear Phoebe,
Okay, you definitely win the Most Creative Description of a Truly Bizarre Costume Concept Award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you for it and agree totally!!
Regards,
A'isha

I live to serve! :dance::dance:

And you're right Mayra, about the older ladies. I had someone tell me last week at work that he knew a wonderful woman who took up belly dance at 65 and now at 70 travels to workshops and does performances with a troop. Now that is so inspiring!

Shanazel

i mean i do have thoughts about the costume and they are provoking me to say something that's not so nice. think i'll keep those thoughts to myself.:lol:

Ah, my dear, that is the beauty of the thought provoking belly dance costume thread: somethings go without saying.;)

Aisha Azar

Costume

Ah, my dear, that is the beauty of the thought provoking belly dance costume thread: somethings go without saying.;)

But generally not too much around here goes without saying, as sooner or later someone is bound to blurt out something or other about just about anything!
Regards,
A'isha

shiradotnet

Political correctness has reached the dance costumes forum.;)

Oh, I dunno. I didn't see the issue as being political correctness. I saw it as being someone wishing to express a dissenting opinion.

Are you suggesting that only people allowed to post on threads are those who agree with you?

Are you saying that those who disagree are supposed to keep their disagreement to themselves?

Shanazel

Goodness, you read a lot into a single sentence. The short answer to your questions is "nope." Those desiring the long version, read on.

The issue is (and always has been) the use of the word "ugly." If you take time to read back through the UBDC thread you will discover a fair amount of discussion re: one woman's dream costume is another's nightmare. Given this dicotomy of opinions about many posted costumes, the politically correct thing to do would be to change the offending word to "thought provoking" or a similarly non-judgmental term. This thread was offered as a jest; any one not seeing the humor in it may certainly disagree at the top of their lungs or simply find something warmer and fuzzier to read.

Last edited:

Aisha Azar

Costume, etc.

Dear Shira,
May I introduce you to Shanazel? She is a beloved member of this forum and can have an actual conversation when she disagrees with someone, usually without getting nasty about it on any level. She believes that a dissenting opinion is just that and that those who have one are entitled to state it clearly without fear of hostile response.
Regards,
A'isha

Status
Not open for further replies.