Is there a such thing as Nude Bellydancing?

gisela

Super Moderator
this thread makes me laugh and cringe at the same time :lol::shok:

Last edited:

shiradotnet

May I ask to be pointed to sites of nude Morris dancing, Highland dancing and Riverdance?

I studied Scottish Highland dance for 3 years, back before I became a belly dancer. I even have a couple of medals to prove it! One interesting aspect of Highland dance competitions is that male competitors are awarded extra points simply for being male.

Now, if I was watching nude Scottish highland dancing, I would approve of that practice of awarding extra points to male competitors simply for being male.

I was going to ask for Nude clog dancing but then i suppose one has to wear one's clogs:think:

Well, at the clothing optional resort where I performed in the past, people played "nude volleyball" but usually wore sneakers, socks, and baseball caps. But they still considered themselves to be nude. Ditto the nude hikers on the nature trails.

da Sage

I studied Scottish Highland dance for 3 years, back before I became a belly dancer. I even have a couple of medals to prove it! One interesting aspect of Highland dance competitions is that male competitors are awarded extra points simply for being male.

Now, if I was watching nude Scottish highland dancing, I would approve of that practice of awarding extra points to male competitors simply for being male.

:D:lol::dance:

QUOTE=shiradotnet;96200]Well, at the clothing optional resort where I performed in the past, people played "nude volleyball" but usually wore sneakers, socks, and baseball caps. But they still considered themselves to be nude. Ditto the nude hikers on the nature trails.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm curious...how do the gents prevent sunburn on their manly bits?:shok:

Nudist camps have never seemed as though they'd be much fun to me.

AngelaJP

Yes. Nude Belly Dancing occurs when someone bellydances while nude. It's considered more aesthetically appealing than Nude Tapdancing, and it's more common than Nude Tobogganing, but it's not nearly as popular as other things people do while naked. :yay::yay:

I don't know of any sites for Nude Belly Dancing, but I'm sure if you create one, the viewers will come. :shok: :rolleyes: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: That was an awesome answer to a very "wise and sensible" question, da Sage! :lol::lol:

lizaj

This is of course the way to go in an economic downturn.
Think of the money you would save.

Makeda Maysa

I would spend all my $ on glitter. If all my stuff is gonna be hanging out, I'm gonna glitter it up! Might as well be sparkly!

Now I'm curious...how do the gents prevent sunburn on their manly bits?.

Once upon a time a long, long time ago when I was young and naive and when Yugoslavia was still Yugoslavia, I went on a beach holiday on a Dalmatian island (stunning, BTW). There were a lot of German tourists there with a liking for taking their clothes off and sunbaking.:shok:

The men wore little crochet things which we dubbed "willy-warmers" to protect them from the sun...

lizaj

Can we give a big thank you to Dreamtheatre for his/her idea of us shedding our clothes?
No more need to spend oodles on costumes, no worry about beads etc coming adrift.
Quick change over time between gigs and acts.
All we need spend our diminishing returns upon is nail polish and maybe if we want to go mad..body glitter;):D

da Sage

Once upon a time a long, long time ago when I was young and naive and when Yugoslavia was still Yugoslavia, I went on a beach holiday on a Dalmatian island (stunning, BTW). There were a lot of German tourists there with a liking for taking their clothes off and sunbaking.:shok:

The men wore little crochet things which we dubbed "willy-warmers" to protect them from the sun...

I'd love to see...:lol:

teela

Since I read the first entry on this, I keep envisioning all those things that will suddenly be bouncing that are not right now when we are clothed.....LOL. Its kind of scary.

Angie

A friend of mine told me she went to one of Delilah's retreats and at the end of the week Delilah took off her clothes and cruised around in a boat or something like that. It really freaked the poor girl out.

Also, Delilah is real into nudest stuff. So she may be a good person to talk to.

KuteNurse

Acckkk!!! Delilah a nudist? That is just too much information for me. lol BTW...I am rolling on the floor laughing from reading this thread.

Aniseteph

LOL at the crocheted willy warmers, just imagining the hausfraus crocheting away over coffee and cakes and comparing patterns...

jenc

Back to Bellydancing .................. The thought of you all doing massed naked shimmies nearly choked me to death........... personally I don't want to display all that reverb.

They say imagine the audience nude to get confidence, though

shiradotnet

Ah, I just remembered that one of my friends used to teach belly dancing classes at the local clothing-optional resort. Now, I don't know whether her students opted to wear clothing or not, but it's entirely possible that occasionally one of her students attended in the nude. If so, I suppose that would constitute nude belly dancing.