A womans worst enemy

Nejmeh

is another woman.

Whats your opinion on this statement?

I believe it has a lot of truth in it and find it such a shame. We already have enough to deal with, why make it more difficult for eachother? I`m thinking of those who gossip, steal men, steal gigs etc.

I heard two stories last night of the most sweet girl who got several students stolen from her by a former student of hers. Another girl dropped a cup of coffee on her maidenwhite costume and just giggled about it( :shok: )

Ow also those girls who are just not behaving but think that by being a women they can get away. The eyelash flashers, those girls who deceit men...

Last edited:

Belly Love

Wow, what a question... I think it depends on the woman. I know some women who rarely have issues with other women and I know women who always have issues with other women.

I think it has a lot to do with women being insecure and feeling threatened. Often times I find that women I know who have other women gossip about them, say mean things, are catty, etc. are women who are very attractive or have things going for them in their lives that the women who are hating on them are jealous of.

Insecure women have a hard time celebrating other women's "positives" whether it be job status, wealth, a great husband, physical beauty, style, accomplishments, etc. Imo, most often it's physical beauty.

Insecure women think these things in other women have something to do with them, making them think that they're "lacking", therefore giving them the desire to "bring them down" to make themselves feel better. It's sad and pathetic. I even see it on this forum- in little things that other's may not notice, but are obvious to me. (Maybe it has something to do with constantly being surrounded by women- I pick up on these things easily.)

gisela

Super Moderator
I don't agree with the statement and I always loathe sayings like that about women. I always protest when people say that a bunch of women talking or discussing sounds like a hen house etc etc. It is such a "put down" of serious discussion. I feel it just serves to keep holding women down and reducing us to blabbering jealous biatches.
I usually don't have problems with people and if I do it is because of their personality or opinions and not because of gender.
In my experience there are just as much insecurity and territorial behaviour in men as in women.
I have been surrounded by women most of my life as I have chosen two very women-filled occupations and I am not suffering. For me it just comes down to personality and not gender.

Last edited:

Greek Bonfire

Wow, what a question... I think it depends on the woman. I know some women who rarely have issues with other women and I know women who always have issues with other women.

I think it has a lot to do with women being insecure and feeling threatened. Often times I find that women I know who have other women gossip about them, say mean things, are catty, etc. are women who are very attractive or have things going for them in their lives that the women who are hating on them are jealous of.

Insecure women have a hard time celebrating other women's "positives" whether it be job status, wealth, a great husband, physical beauty, style, accomplishments, etc. Imo, most often it's physical beauty.

Insecure women think these things in other women have something to do with them, making them think that they're "lacking", therefore giving them the desire to "bring them down" to make themselves feel better. It's sad and pathetic. I even see it on this forum- in little things that other's may not notice, but are obvious to me. (Maybe it has something to do with constantly being surrounded by women- I pick up on these things easily.)

EXACTLY. Be afraid - be very afraid.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Males are the same damn way. I've said for years that the only thing standing in the way of "Men's Lib" is other MEN! Like I care...

Belly Love

I don't agree with the statement and I always loathe sayings like that about women. I always protest when people say that a bunch of women talking or discussing sounds like a hen house etc etc. It is such a "put down" of serious discussion. I feel it just serves to keep holding women down and reducing us to blabbering jealous biatches.
I usually don't have problems with people and if I do it is because of their personality or opinions and not because of gender.
In my experience there are just as much insecurity and territorial behaviour in men as in women.
I have been surrounded by women most of my life as I have chosen two very women-filled occupations and I am not suffering. For me it just comes down to personality and not gender.

Are you referring to my statement? If so, I wasn't talking about serious discussions, I was talking about cattiness among women and purposefully being mean. I was responding specifically to the types of things that were originally posted.

gisela

Super Moderator
Are you referring to my statement? If so, I wasn't talking about serious discussions, I was talking about cattiness among women and purposefully being mean. I was responding specifically to the types of things that were originally posted.

No, I was referring to Nejmeh's original post and the statement "A womans worst enemy is another woman", and then I was making a mind jump to other statements about women.

Now that I read the OP again I must also say that I don't agree that one can steal someone's man or woman. I've never believed that. If someone can "steal" a person then probably it wasn't truly "yours" to start with.

Belly Love

No, I was referring to Nejmeh's original post and the statement "A womans worst enemy is another woman", and then I was making a mind jump to other statements about women.

Now that I read the OP again I must also say that I don't agree that one can steal someone's man or woman. I've never believed that. If someone can "steal" a person then probably it wasn't truly "yours" to start with.

Gotcha. I agree with your stealing statement btw. People can definitely manipulate and take advantage of, but no one can steal a person away from another. When I hear this statement, I always think of the word "steal" as a lose term. I think of it more as someone who preys on another person even though they know they are in another relationship.

Greek Bonfire

What is that supposed to mean?

Belly Love, it means I agree with you exactly. And when women get this nasty they can do some terrible things. We just had an incident here in Chitown where two women threw acid into another woman's face over some guy or another. They both got over 40 years in prison but the victim herself is destroyed. Likewise, in many communities, including dance, other women have had their costumes ripped up or destroyed, their stage makeup and the music tampered with, etc.

Greek Bonfire

Gisela, I am glad you have had such wonderful experiences. But in mine, I have found from time to time women who have been monsters. I will agree with you on one thing - men can be just as bad.

adiemus

People just express themselves differently. Some women can be more indirect and snipe from dark corners while I know more men who are inclined to march up and bellow - but equally I have had some men snipe and some women roar. There is no doubt though that women have more influence from hormonal changes so our moods are more likely to fluctuate than men, and this has recently been confirmed in fMRI studies where it's found that women have to work harder to down regulate emotional changes. But in the end we are more similar to men than not, and feeling hurt by someone hurts both men and women equally.

Elfie

A woman's worst enemy is her own self! Nothign could ever trash talk us down and hurt us like we do to ourselves.

This is about the truest statement I've ever read.

However, I'm one of those women that... if a person slights me, I'm cool. They can take swipes all they want. If they slight those I love dearly, then there's no place far enough that they can run to fast enough to hide from me. And I don't scream and yell or slap... I'm gonna belt the offending party in the mouth and keep going till they can't move. Male, female... doesn't matter to me.

If someone gets catty/nasty/snarky with me, I'm not fussed. But you let someone do/say something to one of my children/husband/close friends and family to hurt them. Heaven help their poor souls...

Belly Love

A woman's worst enemy is her own self! Nothign could ever trash talk us down and hurt us like we do to ourselves.

True, but dealing with repeatedly malicious women can be quite difficult... I've dealt with women who made me feel like I was in a true life episode of "Days of our Lives" topped with a generous serving of "Single White Female".

Nejmeh

So true!

On the initial statement; I wasn`t talking about all the women, let me be very clear about that. I also want to say that I don`t find such behaviour very 'feminine'. Offcourse men can be bastards too and severe ones at that, imo women do have a little different tendency to act. Just look at a fight between two male friends, they give eachother a couple of deadbeat punches, somebody gives in and the fight is over. You could see the same gyus drinking a beer the next day. Women(ok, not all again, but a lot) tend to pull eachothers hair, slap around and hold a grutch for eternity.
I actually started thinking about this statement beause I was talking to a Syrian friend of mine how gets pressured in choosing a particular guy. Her mom and sisters are the ones putting on the most pressure and imo, in a mean way.

As for the stealing people part, I understand you cannot steal a person. I couldn`t come up with a better word, but bellylove puts it right with 'manipulating someone'. Have some patience with my english please!

Greek Bonfire

I agree on stealing someone. A person can be stolen only when they want to be stolen. I doubt there are any guns put to the stolen person's head. But it's the enablers that I have a real issue with.

And for as many bad women out there, there are an incredible number of good ones. Cheart does make a great point-it all begins with ourselves in restraining our own inner beyatch.

walladah

Men and women are so equal

concerning their behaviour to other men and to other women, that when i read or hear statements like the one in this thread (a woman's worst enemy is another women), while no such statements exist for men, for which all praise an idea of "men's solidarity", while it does not exist as such, i think that this is one more case for cultivating anti-solidary feelings among women.

If we believe that other women are our enemies, then we are afraid of them, and we will never have true friendships with them, and then, guess what?

we, women, are alone in a patriarchal world. This is not a coincidence...

Amulya

What is that supposed to mean?

"Be afraid, be very afraid" is a quote from the movie The Blob. It's often used in a funny way for a quote :)

True. I also find it weird when women blame the 'other' woman for 'stealing their man', isn't the man in question the culprit? The 'other' woman might never have known he 'belonged' to someone else.

Last edited:

Shanazel

A womans worst enemy is another woman.

My opinion of the original statement is best expressed by a common but vulgar phrase that refers to the end result of feeding hay to horses.