Hi from Sweden

M'Lady Caija

Hello!

Here's another dancer from Sweden :)

I danced about 2 years ago, unfortunately I quitted after they changed instructor since the new one wasn't teaching bellydance as i percieve it, it was more salsa/flamenco-style than classical bellydance and she teached everything opposite what I already learned (i learned a moore grounded dancing on my feet and heels and she taught us to be high up on our toes wich didnät work with my old knee injury.). So I quitted and was highly frustrated and unfortunately our economics we're low and my horse took to much time so there was no time for dancing until now.

starting at another dancing-school in september and will have 10 lessons this semester. And hopefully it will be great, I've missed BD and really looking forward to start again and get the basics in so I can dance more and more :) Some of my friends also dance but they live 5-6 hours drive with car from me so we're not able to dance together very often.

As i said i have a horse, and i see the BD as a great way to improve posture, balance, koordination and body-control and strengthen my lower abdomen and core as well as getting a more fluid connection with my horse while riding.

I'm also a seamstress by choice, and viking reenactor so i sew a lot of period garments. And a plan of mine is to make a BD-outfit that would be suitable to use at a high period-viking faire.

I live in an apartment with my soon to be hubby (I already call him hubby ;)) and we have 2 cats and one mix-bred dog.

I was thrilled to find this forum with all the knowledge, links and people and I'm happy I found this place!

A BIG hug to everyone who manage to read through my wall of text! And fell free to ask med anything. I'd like to get to know more BD-people via PM's and msn messenger etc as well.

take care everyone!

gisela

Super Moderator
Hej! En annan svensk här :) Välkommen!

Glad to have you here and I hope you will enjoy the forum. I remembered how thrilled and surprised I was when I found this place.
Where in Sweden are you located?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
To the forum. Glad you found us.
~Mosaic

M'Lady Caija

Gisela, I'm living about 45 minutes car-ride north of Gothenburg in a town called Trollhattan. :) I'm originally from skaune, but love made me move away from my roots ^^

Mosaic, thanks :)

M'Lady Caija

A little more about me ^^

I Have a horse named Prince Harry (his sire was named King Harold so it was an easy choice for the name ^^)

Shanazel

Always glad to have another animal person on board. Such a great horse! We have horses, dogs, and cats- more of each than any one family needs, but what are you going to do when they keep turning uo and needing homes? My own dog is a Swedish Vallhoun mix- rare in the USA.

M'Lady Caija

Always glad to have another animal person on board. Such a great horse! We have horses, dogs, and cats- more of each than any one family needs, but what are you going to do when they keep turning uo and needing homes? My own dog is a Swedish Vallhoun mix- rare in the USA.

schhh! Don't say that to loud! Harry might hear you and he's already a diva from time to time^^

Lovely! What kind of horses do you have?

If i were to be alone, with no one to call mine I'd probably been regarded as a crazy cat lady ;) I can't just have one or two cats... But Conny put his foot down when it comes to more familymembers of the furry kind, we only have a small apartment on the second floor so there's not really fair to keep more than two cats at the moment.

Swedish vallhound, can't say I know the breed (the name is probably not the same in swedish just as the "german shepherd" is called "schäfer" in swedish...) Do you have a pic of him/her?

M'Lady Caija

Hi Guys!

I'm back! This fall and winter ahs been crazy... The stable has taken up lots and lots of time, as well as my horsey. Viking stuff has been hectic even if it's not even season for it... And then there has been some illnesses, colds from hell, influensa and so on as well.

But here I am! Back on my two feet! :D

Shanazel

You're back! You're back! (Jump up and down clapping hands) I was just thinking about you and there you are.

Wonder what would happen if I thought about winning the lottery. :think: