teacher training courses

Ishtar Sharafi

Hi everyone,Iam moving to UK in a month and would like to start a teacher training course.Could you please recomend me any??? ( in UK or Cairo)

Kharis

Hi everyone,Iam moving to UK in a month and would like to start a teacher training course.Could you please recomend me any??? ( in UK or Cairo)

JWAAD. The Josephine Wise Academy of Arabic Dance. UK London based. Then there's Afra Al Kahira based in Devon. And in the north west of england, Learn Belly Dance Teacher Training. These are all on the internet.

Granddad

Foundation Course - JWAAD

My wife is currently doing the JWAAD foundation course. It focuses on safe practice and teaching as opposed to dance technique. Technique is assessed but isn't part of the foundation course. My wife was a school teacher and is very pleased with the course content and methodology. Classes are held around the country by JWAAD certified master teachers.

If you let me know what part of the UK you are moving to I may be able to put you in touch with a local belly dance group, I have a fairly good network of contacts.

Good luck! We're almost civilised here much of the time. ;)

P.S.

Afra Al Kahira's course I know nothing about other than what is on her website. She tends to be better known in the south of the UK and particularly the south west.

Hossam & Serena Ramzy also run an advanced dancer's course now, Advanced Dancers Course | Bellydancing Course
I'm not familiar with their course but knowing Hossam and Serena it will be first class and concentrates on dance technique rather than teaching technique. It all depends what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Eshta

Foundation Course - JWAAD

Hossam & Serena Ramzy also run an advanced dancer's course now, Advanced Dancers Course | Bellydancing Course
I'm not familiar with their course but knowing Hossam and Serena it will be first class and concentrates on dance technique rather than teaching technique. It all depends what you are looking for.

I can only comment on Hossam and Serena's course as it's the only one I have experience of - it isn't a teacher training course but I have found myself a much better teacher for it!

Ishtar Sharafi

thanx so much for the posts, Granddad , I will live in Torquay but dont mind traveling to London to take up classes (hopefully next year will move there for good)
Eshta,I was thinking abaut signing up for Serena adv dancers course, does it cualify you for teaching? Do u know when does it start?

Granddad

I can only comment on Hossam and Serena's course as it's the only one I have experience of - it isn't a teacher training course but I have found myself a much better teacher for it!

Hi Eshta,
Ishtar's question has given me the idea of adding a page on UK training courses to my website, would you be open to the idea of writing a review of Hossam and Serena's course? :D

Ishtar, for Torquay area I don't know anyone pesonally but Rachel North of Eastern Emporium has a page of teachers in that area on her website: Arabic Dance - Sellers of belly dancing clothes
If you do sign up for Hossam and Serena's class tell them that Mark from Lincolnshirebellydancer.co.uk told you about them. I may need a favour from Hossam one day! :lol:

lizaj

thanx so much for the posts, Granddad , I will live in Torquay but dont mind traveling to London to take up classes (hopefully next year will move there for good)
Eshta,I was thinking abaut signing up for Serena adv dancers course, does it cualify you for teaching? Do u know when does it start?
The handiest course for you would be Afra. I know very little about her course but she has a network of successful teachers and is a lovely lady.Afra al Kahira - International Teacher & Performer of Oriental Dance
I have done the JWAAD foundation course and can tell Gran dad's missus she will definately benefit from it. These are run in the regions and you can find out about them from Jo's course and there are Facebook groups and Tribes for foundation teachers.