Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gia al Qamar View Post
    Agreed...but...by FAR, not the only or best example of Turkish Oryental.
    Thank you Liz, I was looking for that exact clip of Didem, and thank you Gia for offering an example of Turkish BD other than Didem - this mirrors exactly a conversation I was having the other day (ie, although Didem is the name that comes to mind, I can't believe that she's the best example!)

Post Thanks / Like

Gothic fusion - Sashi

Gothic Fusion - Tempest

Tribal Fusion - Zoe Jakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greek Bellydancer

Greek Bellydancer

Last edited by gisela; 05-21-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: embedding

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or do some Russian BDancers have a hint of ballet in their performances?

Tribal: Zoe Jakes is amazing! I prefer Rachel Brice's style though.

Didem- I think she's very talented & cute, however, there's something I find unappealing about her... something about her performance that bores me- maybe it's the look on her face??? I can't put my finger on it...
    Last edited by Belly Love; 10-21-2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: I seriously need to start using the spell checker before I save!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belly Love View Post
    Is it just me, or do some Russian BDancers have a hint of ballet in their performances?
    I never noticed that, I will have to look closer.

Speaking of Russian belly dancers...I love russian belly dancers. I tend to find allot of them I enjoy watching.

I like this Russian Dancers style allot: Azza
    YouTube - redrose007888's Channel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rania View Post
    I never noticed that, I will have to look closer.

Speaking of Russian belly dancers...I love russian belly dancers. I tend to find allot of them I enjoy watching.

I like this Russian Dancers style allot: Azza
    YouTube - redrose007888's Channel
    OMG Rania! I'm watching the video and thinking, something about her is familiar... then I realized, I move just like her! I mean, I obviously can't dance as good as her, but there is something about the way she moves that is just like the way I move! Weird! Thank goodness I like her dancing! I like her costume too. I didn't see her do any of the ballet-ish moves I see sometimes.

What I've been doing is testing myself- I will watch a video of someone's performance without reading any info. Whenever I come across a Russian BDancer, I can usually call it 'cause of a hint of ballet.

Example:
    YouTube - IRENA Bellydance

Post Thanks / Like

I love this dance and the music! Everytime I watch it I'm entranced- I think it's so pretty! I think it's just an into...?

YouTube - Anaisis Bellydance - Salome Dance

Here is another video of Anaisis. I love her dancing (not the music), does anyone know what style she is?

YouTube - Anaisis Bellydance - Magic carpet

Post Thanks / Like

I love this dance and the music! Everytime I watch it I'm entranced- I think it's so pretty! I think it's just an into...?

[/url]
    Anaisis Bellydance - Salome Dance
    Never heard of her! Shes good, pretty costumes to. thanks for posting

Im no where near a pro myself, but i have a good taste in what belly dancers i choose to become a fan of. Azza the russian dancer I posted, above is super talented, has good taste in her costumes and on a compleaty unrelated note, is very pretty. I noticed she gets allot of postings and took the time PM and thank me for the kind comments. I tend to judge a dancer by the way she treats her fans. Not saying they all have to reply, but you now what I mean its nice to see someone take extra time appriciate their viewers
    Last edited by Rania; 10-21-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

YouTube - Anaisis Bellydance - Salome Dance

Here is another video of Anaisis. I love her dancing (not the music), does anyone know what style she is?

YouTube - Anaisis Bellydance - Magic carpet
    Is that not tribal music and she is wearing "cabaret " costuming? Strange. What country is she from?

Ah now the second ...that I like. I am NOT confused with this one!
    Last edited by lizaj; 10-21-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There is not a Russian style of belly dance...it's a case of Russians belly dancing with a Russian "accent"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast