Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from tiny Te Awamutu in New Zealand :)

Hi there,
    Am very pleased to have stumbled upon this forum.

I'm Janine a 24 year old birthday fairy from NZ - hence my dance name, Perizada, which means Fairy born.

I have only been bellydancing for about 6 months but it has fast become my latest obsession.

I have always loved dancing: 11 years of ballet, 5 years of tap, 2 years of rock n roll, 1 year of Irish and some jazz and ballroom thrown in for good measure also.
    However, ME dance is easilly the most freeing and enjoyable style I have ever done.

I'm particularly looking forward to my first public performance in November at my class's concert.
    I am doing a solo with fan veils and a duet with my teacher using Isis wings *squeeeee*!

Ok, enough rambling from me!

Last edited by PerizadaNZ; 09-09-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi & welcome to the forum. Congrats on your first performance coming up, I bet you are excited. Sounds like you have truly found your niche with this dance style.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums.

Post Thanks / Like

And Te Awamutu has a LOT to answer for - like the Finn brothers, the awesome rose garden, and the mighty Waipa River!
    Fantastic you've found us - and bellydance! There are several of us Kiwi's on here, and it's a welcoming community full of incredibly knowledgable people. I have learned a lot by being involved, and hope you feel at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome !
    Enjoy !!!

Maria Aya, Greece

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies

Yes, for a small town Te A has done quite well, but I only moved here a year ago from Hamilton, so am yet to start accepting credit for it's awesomeness!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I am soon to move to Waikato not entirely sure where I will live in the longer term. I have been dancing for about 8 years, and have also danced in a trio both tribal and cabaret style for paid and unpaid functions. I organised our own haflas and last year a bit charity event with 130 dancers.Also ran a beginners class with a trio member, however not looking to do that at present.

Just looking to find out what classes are available in the area, also what is the hafla scene like? Want to get back into enjoying classes and performances again once I settle. This will be as student and class member though.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome girl)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry forgot to say Waikato, New Zealand, looking for classes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harvey717 View Post
    Hi,

I am soon to move to Waikato not entirely sure where I will live in the longer term. I have been dancing for about 8 years, and have also danced in a trio both tribal and cabaret style for paid and unpaid functions. I organised our own haflas and last year a bit charity event with 130 dancers.Also ran a beginners class with a trio member, however not looking to do that at present.

Just looking to find out what classes are available in the area, also what is the hafla scene like? Want to get back into enjoying classes and performances again once I settle. This will be as student and class member though.
    Welcome to the forum
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast