Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

hello Janine, welcome to the forum. I am also new here. Hope you have a great time here, and good look on your ur coming first performance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harvey717 View Post
    Hi,

I am soon to move to Waikato not entirely sure where I will live in the longer term. I have been dancing for about 8 years, and have also danced in a trio both tribal and cabaret style for paid and unpaid functions. I organised our own haflas and last year a bit charity event with 130 dancers.Also ran a beginners class with a trio member, however not looking to do that at present.

Just looking to find out what classes are available in the area, also what is the hafla scene like? Want to get back into enjoying classes and performances again once I settle. This will be as student and class member though.
    Hey Harvey!
    There isn't really a hafla scene here unfortunately
    Have only been dancing 6 months-ish but all the teachers seem to be quite competitive and unwilling to collaborate.
    Will be attending my second hafla this weekend at a workshop that's being held in Hamilton.
    It would be super awesome to get some mingling happening though.

When are you moving here?

There are about five teachers that I know of in the Waikato / Hamilton area.
    My teacher Saida is fabulous, but has only been dancing about five years, and you've been going for 8!
    I think Karen of the Desert Gypsys has been dancing for a long time and she is a very talented dancer. She has classes in Hammy and Cambridge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12