Hello from tiny Te Awamutu in New Zealand :)

PerizadaNZ

Hi there,
Am very pleased to have stumbled upon this forum.

I'm Janine a 24 year old birthday fairy from NZ - hence my dance name, Perizada, which means Fairy born.

I have only been bellydancing for about 6 months but it has fast become my latest obsession.

I have always loved dancing: 11 years of ballet, 5 years of tap, 2 years of rock n roll, 1 year of Irish and some jazz and ballroom thrown in for good measure also.
However, ME dance is easilly the most freeing and enjoyable style I have ever done.

I'm particularly looking forward to my first public performance in November at my class's concert.
I am doing a solo with fan veils and a duet with my teacher using Isis wings *squeeeee*!

Ok, enough rambling from me!

:)

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi & welcome to the forum. Congrats on your first performance coming up, I bet you are excited. Sounds like you have truly found your niche with this dance style.
~Mosaic

adiemus

And Te Awamutu has a LOT to answer for - like the Finn brothers, the awesome rose garden, and the mighty Waipa River!
Fantastic you've found us - and bellydance! There are several of us Kiwi's on here, and it's a welcoming community full of incredibly knowledgable people. I have learned a lot by being involved, and hope you feel at home.

PerizadaNZ

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies :)

Yes, for a small town Te A has done quite well, but I only moved here a year ago from Hamilton, so am yet to start accepting credit for it's awesomeness!!

harvey717

Hi,

I am soon to move to Waikato not entirely sure where I will live in the longer term. I have been dancing for about 8 years, and have also danced in a trio both tribal and cabaret style for paid and unpaid functions. I organised our own haflas and last year a bit charity event with 130 dancers.Also ran a beginners class with a trio member, however not looking to do that at present.

Just looking to find out what classes are available in the area, also what is the hafla scene like? Want to get back into enjoying classes and performances again once I settle. This will be as student and class member though.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi,

I am soon to move to Waikato not entirely sure where I will live in the longer term. I have been dancing for about 8 years, and have also danced in a trio both tribal and cabaret style for paid and unpaid functions. I organised our own haflas and last year a bit charity event with 130 dancers.Also ran a beginners class with a trio member, however not looking to do that at present.

Just looking to find out what classes are available in the area, also what is the hafla scene like? Want to get back into enjoying classes and performances again once I settle. This will be as student and class member though.

Welcome to the forum
~Mosaic

leb_American

hello Janine, welcome to the forum. I am also new here. Hope you have a great time here, and good look on your ur coming first performance

PerizadaNZ

Hi,

Hey Harvey!
There isn't really a hafla scene here unfortunately :(
Have only been dancing 6 months-ish but all the teachers seem to be quite competitive and unwilling to collaborate.
Will be attending my second hafla this weekend at a workshop that's being held in Hamilton.
It would be super awesome to get some mingling happening though.

When are you moving here?

There are about five teachers that I know of in the Waikato / Hamilton area.
My teacher Saida is fabulous, but has only been dancing about five years, and you've been going for 8!
I think Karen of the Desert Gypsys has been dancing for a long time and she is a very talented dancer. She has classes in Hammy and Cambridge :)