Thread: Badia Masabni

Post Thanks / Like

Idea Badia Masabni

An arab actress from turkish origin

(Badia is a famous Egyptian actress of Turkish origin)

Her family, a mixture of elements of Christianity & Jewish

I was born in the nineteenth century

Formed separated by Badia special includes: Ismail Yassin, Aziz Osman, Samia Gamal, tahia Carioca, Najma Ibrahim, Mohamed Fawzy, Farid al-Atrash, Nelly Mazloum, Zinat Sidqi and many others

I worked a lot of beautiful plays successful with Najib Rihani

Throughout the twenties and thirties and forties was a superstar

Last edited by Elias; 03-10-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    An arab actress from turkish origin

Her family, a mixture of elements of Christianity and Judaism

Her real name (Teresa Mongi)

I was born in the nineteenth century (lived in Argentina and Lebanon)

I moved to Egypt early twentieth century to work in theater (and the Egyptian Theater at the time with a lot of the Jews) who are in fact the bases of theater and cinema

Formed separated by exquisite special includes: Ismail Yassin, Aziz Osman, Samia Gamal, tahia Carioca, Najma Ibrahim, Mohamed Fawzy, Farid al-Atrash, Nelly Mazloum, Zinat Sidqi and many others

I worked a lot of beautiful plays successful with Najib Rihani

Throughout the twenties and thirties and forties was a superstar

However, badia fled from Egypt in 1952 after the July Revolution (after it changed the atmosphere in Egypt

It has been said, as they say always (had been smuggled from Egypt is be entitled to respect him)

And for this (decided to Gamal Abdel Nasser) change the name of an (Badia) bridge to bridge (jala)

I am confused, what the heck is the last bit of this post all about It seems rather disjointed and doesn't really make any sense( The purple bit) although I am not really sure of the purpose of the whole post)
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

Mosaic, it seems to me this post was originally in another language and translated through google translate or other web-site automatic translators.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite a strange isolated post though, but I can see that if a translator was used it would give a very strange outcome They are not the most accurate of things.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    although I am not really sure of the purpose of the whole post)
    ~Mosaic

What do you mean ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    What do you mean ?
    There was nothing said as to why you posted this, maybe an introduction about her interesting relationship to the dance. e.g. Here is some interesting info about Badia Masabni who is considered the founder of modern oriental dance.

Maybe you could have also said something about how you feel about her contribution or ask what others think. To me, it just seemed a post without comment is confusing. Also can you please explain to me the area I highlighted in purple, I am sorry I just don't understand what is being said there, is it a translation by an online translator?

I hope that you understand what I mean about the post now
    ~Mosaic

PS: Large bolded letters in posts represent shouting at the person to who the post is directed.
    Last edited by Mosaic; 09-10-2009 at 04:04 AM.