Camel Undulation Help ?

Sapphire.x

Hey guys :)
I was wondering if anybody could post a video or try and explain how to do the Camel Undulation ?
Help appreciated .. Thanks =]

Daimona

Hey guys :)
I was wondering if anybody could post a video or try and explain how to do the Camel Undulation ?
Help appreciated .. Thanks =]

First, lets see on the ordinary undulation:

Now see one explanation of the camel undulation:

I hope this is helpful to you. There are more videos on this on youtube.

lizaj

Hi Sapphire
Forgive me if you are not a beginner but these tips are a great back-up to a class..not an alternative. It's good to see other teachers on film but the basis of learning this dance should be in a classromm.

Sapphire.x

Hi Sapphire
Forgive me if you are not a beginner but these tips are a great back-up to a class..not an alternative. It's good to see other teachers on film but the basis of learning this dance should be in a classromm.

Oh yeah , i'm a beginner :) My teacher taught me this last week but i find it quite difficult so i was just looking for videos i could practice from at home :)

CottonAnatomy

Oh yeah , i'm a beginner :) My teacher taught me this last week but i find it quite difficult so i was just looking for videos i could practice from at home :)

I've been dancing a little over a month and this is the one move that I can just not get down. I make sure to practice it every time I practice at home. One day...I shall master it! ha

Sapphire.x

Lol ! Same here .. I started dancing just over a month ago amd I go for classes only once a week :) I find hip circles the easiest , but camel is too hard for some reason :S
Gud Luck :D

CottonAnatomy

So I finally watched those videos up there last night(can't watch at work, youtube is blocked) and the woman said during the camel undulation to keep your feet flat. My teacher taught me to kind of keep my feet moving as if taking tiny steps in place. Is that just a variation or was I taught wrong?

Daimona

So I finally watched those videos up there last night(can't watch at work, youtube is blocked) and the woman said during the camel undulation to keep your feet flat. My teacher taught me to kind of keep my feet moving as if taking tiny steps in place. Is that just a variation or was I taught wrong?

You can do both. It may be easier to start with the tiny steps, but as you progress you should both master doing the camel undulation both on flat feet and walking and at various levels. ;)

CottonAnatomy

You can do both. It may be easier to start with the tiny steps, but as you progress you should both master doing the camel undulation both on flat feet and walking and at various levels. ;)

Ok, I figured it was a different variation, but I was never told there was another way of doing it. I was worried. ha

Aniseteph

Not only are there variations and different ways to do things and different ways to teach/learn them, there are sometimes different moves going by the same name. :confused: Or the same move with different names...

Very confusing if you don't know this and try to mesh different teachers' instruction together, especially on DVD or video clips, as you have no teacher to point out that they are talking about something else.

The camels I know are not what was demonstrated in the last clip!

gisela

Super Moderator
The camels I know are not what was demonstrated in the last clip!

Same here. What she shows as undulation is closer to how I learnt a camel.
Her camels doesn't look that great to me actually, sorry. Maybe it's just a style question. This type might make more sense in tribal fusion or something? I just don't like what's going on with the chin and the upper chest when you do it this way.

Last edited: