Khaleegi music

adiemus

I would like to know some names of songs (modern ones) that have the khaleegi rhythm. I'm trying to learn to hear it, and I think I've got to the point where I can hear the rhythm, but find it really difficult to know who to look for and what the 'big' songs are. Any clues? not just the name of artists, but some good examples of this style (danceable of course!).

And yes, I've got Amera's new DVD and it has me inspired (even if I wasn't already!)

gisela

Super Moderator
Hi, I like this one.
Hussein el Jasmy- Al Shaky

some names I found when googleing:Kazem al Saher, Rashid Al Majed, the kuwaiti group miami.
If you find someones you really like will you post them here? I love getting music tips :)

adiemus

Three from Amera's DVD - but I couldn't get the tracks from emusic (sigh)
Moushtagaliek - Raed Adel
Mahkalni - Raed Adel
Raheeb - Abdul Majeed Abdullah

The last guy has heaps of albums on emusic, but I haven't spent time listening to them all to find out which ones are Khaleeji or not

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I have this album: Khaleeji Mix - The Sound of the Gulf
Khaleeji Mix - The Sound of the Gulf by Asalah, Hazzaa Al Menhaly, Hussein Assiri, Abbas Ibrahim, Hussein Al Bagali, Fatimah, Nojoom Al Khaleej, Eidha Al Menhali, Zekra, Kazem Al Saher, Diana Haddad, Yasser Habib, Ilham Al Madfai (Khaleeji Mix - The . There is sound bites that you can listen too. That is the only album I know of personally.

~Mosaic

Daimona

I would like to know some names of songs (modern ones) that have the khaleegi rhythm. I'm trying to learn to hear it, and I think I've got to the point where I can hear the rhythm, but find it really difficult to know who to look for and what the 'big' songs are. Any clues? not just the name of artists, but some good examples of this style (danceable of course!).

And yes, I've got Amera's new DVD and it has me inspired (even if I wasn't already!)

Here are some songs with various artists:

Abd Allah Abd El Magid - Masmouh
Adel el Khumais - Akher el akhbar
Diana Haddad - Asi
Ezam Aref - Ad Douha
Hussein el Jassmy - Resala
Hussein el Jassmy - En Hawetona
Nawal - Dahkeel el Hob
Rashid el Magid - Mashkalni
Rashid el Magid - Men Yegoul
Rashid el Magid - Ya habibi
Rabeh Sager - Wesh Rayek
Ragheb A'alama - Wadana, wadana
Souhail Kaspar & Naser Musa - Abki 'Ala Ma Jara Li
Souhail Kaspar & Naser Musa - Qul 'Ani Ma Tiqul

Most of these songs are danceable, but tempo and style is varying.

Oh.. and btw, Mazika.com has a lot of khaleegy music as well.. ;)

Aziza_UAE

Suggestion: almost anything by Saudi singer Mohamed Abdo. He has a new CD out titled "Wahdak" with some very danceable songs on it.

Outi

In my newest cd is one famous khalegy especially arranged for dancing. Almost all khalegy music is for singers and for listening. In my version of Naweelak there is rythm changes accsents and other great stuff for dancing.

You can find more info in my website:
Outi of Cairo under cd/dvd