Hadouni, Hadouni - George Abdo

da Sage

Does anyone have english lyrics, or even have any idea what "Hadouni" means? Is "Hadouni" a name, or a word?

Hadouni

Hi Da Sage, I would like to know the same thing, we've been dancing a zill number to Hadouni for years. My teacher told me it was originally a debke, is this true?

Yasmine

Moon

Hi ladies, I've searched for this song with google, but only found lots of places where you can download it and stuff like that, but no lyrics or translation :(

However on one of the websites I found, I read it was indeed originally a debke song.

Hope someone else can help you!

da Sage

Thanks, Moon! I can kind of hear where the debke stomps would go.:)

But I still need lyrics!:( Who can help me?

Shanazel

No idea of the lyrics, but when I used it back in the dark ages when both George and I were mere kittens, one of my regular cowboy bar audiences used to sing, "Hadouni, Hadouni, your mother is a looney." Since they were just having fun and not actually insulting my mom, I never called them on it...

Rebecca_

If anyone can find the lyrics in arabic, I have an egyptian friend who is willing to translate. Oh, and I absolutely love this song! Does anyone know any history about it?

Shanazel

On several sites I looked at, "Hadouni, Hadouni" is followed in () by "Your Bewitching Eyes." Is that perhaps the meaning of the word?

Yshka

Hi All,

I just typed Hadouni lyrics into Yahoo and found this on Yahoo Answers.

X-Girl said:
its
hadouni hadouni 3aynayha saharouni ya em el fostan el zahr bkhabeeki b ayouni

hadouni hadouni 3aynayha saharouni ya em el fostan el zahr bkhabeeki b ayouni

eltla marek atshan bady min yseeni atytny bree2 el malyan msha3sha3 metel el zeeni
wel mayat el 3araneen le fehon mayet teshreen
w shrebt shrebt shrbt shrbt ..........
that the thing i know hope it helps

And then:

hadouni haddouni = hold me back, or in this case help me not to fall or faint (caused by her beauty)
aynayha sahrouni = her eyes charmed me
ya em l festan l zaher = lady in the pink dress
bkhabbiki b ouyouni = I will hide u in eyes, meaning I will take good care of u

eltella mare' atshan w ma fi meen yes2ini = I told her I am a thirsty passer by and no one to give me water
jabetli bri2 w malyan mshaashaa metl l zineh = she brought me a jar full of water well decorated
w min mayata l 7elyanin li fihon mayet Sanine = and from her sweetened water that conatin water from Sanine mountain
shrebt shrebt .. w ma kanou yaadouni = I drank and drank and drank and drank and I still wanted more, it didn't stop my thirst

of course u cud see the allusions here and the figurative language that implies him wanting more of her, her beauty and her eyes..

Hope this helps!