Post Thanks / Like

Default New To Belly Dance & Forum

Hi,

Just a few lines to introduce myself. My User name is Fiery_Dancer. I am new to belly dance, but have studied other dance forms including tap, ballet and jazz. Although I've always loved the look of belly dance, I can't say I was fasinated by it until I made a belly dancer/harem girl costume for my daughter last halloween. In chosing the colors and types of fabrics for the custom, I researched actual professional belly dance costumes on line. I found tutorial dvds available and thought, why not try it as a fun way to exercise. Viola! I became hooked. I haven't taken any classes yet, but have learned that there are two instructors in my area. I hope to be able to get into classes soon, as I know my dance would progress and benefit from spending time with an instructor. I look forward to getting to know you and discuss many topics of common interest.

Fiery_Dancer

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. What a great story in how you got involved in the dance. I am sure you will become even more addicted when you begin lessons

By the way how did your daughters costume turn out. You should frame it, with a title "The item that began my addiction"
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the kind welcome.

My daughter's costume turned out really beautiful. I was so proud. I do have photos of her in it and I love the idea of framing it with the comment below.

Fiery_Dancer