Post Thanks / Like

Default Review: Serkan Workshop Athens Greece

If i'm dead? well almost lol
    If i'm gonna be objective over here? nope lol
    Serkan is such a sweet gentle person that anyone that knows him cant be objective.
    He gave 2 workshops in Athens, first day "Crazy Veils" teqnics, at the end we did also 3 choreos !!!!
    Second day was Turkish Gypsy Rom !!!! it was just amazing !!!
    For me that i'm a pure arab dancer, and till now I only listened to arabic music, was an apocalipsis, from that day i only listen to the cd of the turkish gypsy rom songs and i'm just so high that i feel like flying lol (yes i'm a nutcase dont wonder lol)
    This was the second time I organized workshop for Serkan, since we had many people asking him back.
    Thank God I managed to use (teqnickfreak here) my video cam and uploaded 2 small videos on youtube
    As the students said: WE WANT HIM BACK NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria Aya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt9oGClPMk8

We dont wonder why Serkan is in the finals for Oasis Brandon !!!!
    If you wanna vote for him, almost last dates (close at 28 October)
    send e-mail at navel_y2k@yahoo.com Voting for "Serkan October 2006, Oasis Brandon)
    and check the site to see the rest :
    http://hometown.aol.com/homeskillety2k/page1.html

p.s. plssssss help, just tryed to upload the choreo and youtube doesnt allow it, its bigger than 100mb, how can i reduce the size of the archive?
    Last edited by Maria_Aya; 10-24-2006 at 08:15 AM. Reason: adding

Post Thanks / Like

I was lucky to be in Athens for the CID congress the week Serkan gave his workshops. So I went some days earlier to Greece in order to visit the Turkish Rom Gypsy Workshop. I really loved it I feel connected to this music anyway, because of my grandparents who were Greeks from Asia Minor (Black Sea) and I know how to dance 9/8 rhythms the Greek way, but it was such a great experience to learn how to dance it also the Turkish Gypsy way. And, Maria is right, Serkan is a really sweet person and great teacher.
    Serkan Arkadash, I hope you read this posting. Thank you very much for the great workshop and I hope to see you soon and work together with you