Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

Peanut

:) Hi there!

I had my very first beginners' class last week. What an eye-opener- I never realised I was so unfit! I found muscles I didn't know I had! ;)

I'm 30, married, with beautiful 1 year old twin boys. I decided a while back I needed to do something exercise-wise, and thought of belly dancing- it's one form of dance where being a stick figure isn't considered an advantage! It was great to see ladies of all shapes an sizes having a go.

I missed the first class of the term because of a migraine, so I was a bit behind the eight ball. I found out afterwards (to my relief!) that our class is a mixture of newbies and girls who have already done a term :eek: That made me a bit less embarrassed at being so uncoordinated!

Anyway, I wanted to say hello. I hope to be able to glean some pearls of wisdom from these boards!

Happy shimmying!

Maria_Aya

Welcomeeeeeeeeee !!!
Enjoy reading and dont hesitate to ask anything cross your mind.

Friendly from another Greek-Ausie (yep Melbourne girl, was born in Ritchmond;) ) but living Greece now

Maria Aya:)

gwinity

Welcome Peanut (from another Melburnian)!

I'm glad you didn't feel overwhelmed by the mixture of levels of experience in the class. :) There's lots of different levels of experience here, too, so don't be shy about asking questions!

Safran

Hi Peanut (cool name!). We are just like your class - people of different levels, body types and backgrounds! But we all share the same passion :)

Amulya

Hi Peanut,

Welcome! Hope you know what you started: belly dance is a life long addiction :D

Another belly dancer from Oz :)

vinstones

Welcome Peanut,

My wife's a beginner too.. :lol:

Her main concern was that her body is too stiff..

Thats y I am there to give her support and feeback..

Cheers