Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neon DVDs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neon DVDs

WHat do yall think about Neons dvds? Are the better than Veena and Neena (personally, I am bored with their Basic dance dvd cause there is no like practice really). I am getting Amirah's DVD (yay!) but I've read the Neon dvds are really really good? Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like

I hate hate hate the music she uses for them, but I have to say that her directions are very good, clearly understandable, and she has geometric shapes/figures to the side of her that are animated and show you how the move is supposed to work. I was impressed in spite of myself. And her combinations video is quite good, some of them I still stumble over my feet with so i still use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

we carry all of Neon's DVD's in our store so I've had a chance to look at them. The music in Neon's video's are also not to my taste but her instruction is very clear and the production quality is quite high and her stuff is reasonable price wise. I've got some clips of the DVD's up, not all yet, but you could take a peek and see what you think Instructional Belly Dance Videos

Post Thanks / Like

the music isn't the best but she certainly packs plenty of movements in to them and they're at a good price, the WDNY dvds are quickly becoming my favourite company.

Post Thanks / Like

Good clear instructions, ghastly music. Nice combinations.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

She may genuinely like the music she uses, or it may have been an economical choice, I have no idea. I know that as I have been looking into music for my performance video the costs of using music from a label are very high. For example, Smithsonian folkways wanted over 500 dollars to use one of George Abdo's songs. When you are looking at 12 or so tracks etc. that adds up. Maybe she had the music composed for her, or the artist gave her permission to use it for free or at low cost etc. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    She may genuinely like the music she uses, or it may have been an economical choice, I have no idea. I know that as I have been looking into music for my performance video the costs of using music from a label are very high. For example, Smithsonian folkways wanted over 500 dollars to use one of George Abdo's songs. When you are looking at 12 or so tracks etc. that adds up. Maybe she had the music composed for her, or the artist gave her permission to use it for free or at low cost etc. Just a thought.
    I really like Neon's Instant Belly dancer, though I would not like that one to be my only dvd.... She explains the technique of the moves like noone else, and surely the graphics helps! But in addition I would really love to learn combos! To put together even the simplest moves gives a great boost to a beginner! I am looking at her other DVDs... (surely not gothic one )

Post Thanks / Like

Default World Dance New York dvds:

I have a couple of Jenna's dvds and I think the instruction in them is excellent. Especially for the price, I recommend them to my students as outside practice material. It's been forever since I've watched the instant bellydancer series, but I remember thinking the graphics didn't really help ME, but I've heard other people swear by them.

Those bellydance fitness DVDs are a lot of fun too.

Honestly, can I say this? Some of what a certain large instructional video producer has been putting out lately hasn't exactly been (in my opinion) worth the expensive price tag. With Neon's DVDs, even if you hate the thing, you're only out $10-$15 instead of $50 or $60.

Neon's promised to do a line of more advanced instructional DVDs too, for the intermediate and advanced dancer. AND, a sword DVD! Yay!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    Hi,

we carry all of Neon's DVD's in our store so I've had a chance to look at them. The music in Neon's video's are also not to my taste but her instruction is very clear and the production quality is quite high and her stuff is reasonable price wise. I've got some clips of the DVD's up, not all yet, but you could take a peek and see what you think Instructional Belly Dance Videos
    I agree. I'm not much for Neon's aesthetic, but everything is laid out well, clearly visible, described well, and the price is right.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Jenna too, Still waiting for the 2 DVDs I ordered to arrive... And compared to others, Her Basics and Beyons is almost 2hours and a half long! Catainly not a 45 min Program!

It is so difficult to make out heads or tails of all those thousands of istructional DVD's out there! It is best if a preview videoclip is available...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast