Thread: Hiya Everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hiya Everyone!

Hey everyone, I'm new here (obviously haha) and well I decided that I come on here enough looking up information about questions that I have that I felt it was time I should actually become a member.

As far as belly dance goes, I'm a new student. I've been taking classes for about 5 weeks and am currently learning tribal fusion. Before hand about a year and a half ago I was taking lessons under Sonya from Arabesque Chicago, and that went on for a few months. Unfortunately I had to quit due to an immediate death in the family. However, a year later I find myself irresistibly drawn back to this ancient and wonderful art form.

I hope one day to become an amazing dancer and perhaps an ambassador for the dance one day. So I've decided to start young. I don't think I have to worry about stalkers on here or anything so I don't feel frightened about telling my age. I am eighteen going on nineteen this December.

Ever since I was younger, about 14, I've always wanted to dance. I'm not sure why... Actually I can't even remember, but the urge has always been there. And before anyone asks, the name I have chosen (which I'm sure some of you are familiar with) is pronounce Heh-Kuh-Tee. She's the greek goddess of the moon, crossroads, and gateways/passageways. I think I've written enough already so I won't bore you all with why I chose that name unless you want to know~

Well thanks for hearing me out this much, I hope to post again soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Hecate, Love your enthusiasm and you are young enough to become a wonderful dancer with dedication and practice you can do so.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in why you chose Hecate when you are such a young woman. Welcome to you, by the way. A bunch of us other goddesses are snarking at each other over on Eden's I've got to say it thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha! I just got through reading that and it was a good laugh, that was for sure! And thank you, Mosaic! I certainly hope so~

As far as my name, Shanazel, I suppose the reason I chose my name is because I am naturally a very very shy person on stage and off. I wanted to find something that I could draw strength from, or just so I could assume another role. I wanted it so that I could be someone else when I dance, Not the shy girl everyone knows of but instead this confident figure with some dark undertones and a hint of mystery.

I guess I should say it now. My idol is Zoe Jakes. I LOVE her style and her facial expressions and most definitely her stage presence. I am also a fan of her dress style too. I love the whole steam punky feel along with the darker gothic feel. Though I am not into the super dark goths you see dancing at Gothlas, but I have nothing against them either~ I guess you could say the style I am aiming to accomplish one day is Dark Fusion~

You have no idea how long I had spent trying to find names! I went through the whole, "gotta have an egyptian sounding name!" and even though many people have them, I decided it was not for me. Then I tried other things like latin names of flowers and such, and well they sounded neat, but again not for me. Then I remembered my love from greek mythology. And then the search began.

Eventually I found the name Hecate, which at first I thought was pronounced Heh-Kate. Then when I found out it was actually said heh-kuh-tee I was a little upset at first, but it grew on me. Also I have a huge fascination with the moon and the night and well Hecate symbolized those things and she seemed to fit the whole dark and mysterious bit so Hecate I soon became.

So I guess that's my story in a nutshell hope it makes some sense~

Geeze I write so much xD