Hiya Everyone!

Hecate

Hey everyone, I'm new here (obviously haha) and well I decided that I come on here enough looking up information about questions that I have that I felt it was time I should actually become a member.

As far as belly dance goes, I'm a new student. I've been taking classes for about 5 weeks and am currently learning tribal fusion. Before hand about a year and a half ago I was taking lessons under Sonya from Arabesque Chicago, and that went on for a few months. Unfortunately I had to quit due to an immediate death in the family. However, a year later I find myself irresistibly drawn back to this ancient and wonderful art form.

I hope one day to become an amazing dancer and perhaps an ambassador for the dance one day. So I've decided to start young. I don't think I have to worry about stalkers on here or anything so I don't feel frightened about telling my age. I am eighteen going on nineteen this December.

Ever since I was younger, about 14, I've always wanted to dance. I'm not sure why... Actually I can't even remember, but the urge has always been there. And before anyone asks, the name I have chosen (which I'm sure some of you are familiar with) is pronounce Heh-Kuh-Tee. She's the greek goddess of the moon, crossroads, and gateways/passageways. I think I've written enough already so I won't bore you all with why I chose that name unless you want to know~

Well thanks for hearing me out this much, I hope to post again soon!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum Hecate, Love your enthusiasm and you are young enough to become a wonderful dancer with dedication and practice you can do so.
~Mosaic

Shanazel

I'm interested in why you chose Hecate when you are such a young woman. Welcome to you, by the way. A bunch of us other goddesses are snarking at each other over on Eden's I've got to say it thread. :D

Hecate

Haha! I just got through reading that and it was a good laugh, that was for sure! And thank you, Mosaic! I certainly hope so~

As far as my name, Shanazel, I suppose the reason I chose my name is because I am naturally a very very shy person on stage and off. I wanted to find something that I could draw strength from, or just so I could assume another role. I wanted it so that I could be someone else when I dance, Not the shy girl everyone knows of but instead this confident figure with some dark undertones and a hint of mystery.

I guess I should say it now. My idol is Zoe Jakes. I LOVE her style and her facial expressions and most definitely her stage presence. I am also a fan of her dress style too. I love the whole steam punky feel along with the darker gothic feel. Though I am not into the super dark goths you see dancing at Gothlas, but I have nothing against them either~ I guess you could say the style I am aiming to accomplish one day is Dark Fusion~

You have no idea how long I had spent trying to find names! I went through the whole, "gotta have an egyptian sounding name!" and even though many people have them, I decided it was not for me. Then I tried other things like latin names of flowers and such, and well they sounded neat, but again not for me. Then I remembered my love from greek mythology. And then the search began.

Eventually I found the name Hecate, which at first I thought was pronounced Heh-Kate. Then when I found out it was actually said heh-kuh-tee I was a little upset at first, but it grew on me. Also I have a huge fascination with the moon and the night and well Hecate symbolized those things and she seemed to fit the whole dark and mysterious bit so Hecate I soon became.

So I guess that's my story in a nutshell ;) hope it makes some sense~

Geeze I write so much xD