Hello from Adelaide!

Ishra

Hello,

I am a twenty-two year old student from Adelaide australia, and have just recently taken up bellydancing. I have had two lessons so far and have enjoyed them immensely, I am learning egyptian classical and think its very elegant and beautiful. I have not seen too many videos and clips of various belly dances, but from what I have seen so far I must say I love Rachel Brice's abdominal work and Jilliana's performances. (I have the bellydance superstar dvd at home *grins*)

Im not sure which style I prefer, however, I thought it was best to start off with the classical and go from there. My goal? One day, many years from now, to perform that amazing muscle flutter just below the ribcage (I do not know the techincal term). I do not really plan on performing, I am just doing it as a hobby.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum.. there seems to be so many helpful tips and information here and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Madeline

Hello Ishra!

Try panting like a dog! If you do this while holding your breath, it might help you activate your diaphragm muscles. It really helped me learn how to do the flutter. Once you get it, you’ll never forget!

Madeline :D :D :D

P.S. I also like Jillina’s performances! :)

Safran

Welcome, Ishra! You know, getting that flutter doesn't necessarily take many years :) Madeline's suggestions are good. And somewhere in this forum there is a complete thread with instructions on how to do it. (I am sorry I can't provide a direct link right now - but browse around)

Maria_Aya

Welcome Ishra from a greek-aussie!!!
Enjoy the reading and posting.
Happy posting and dancing

Maria Aya, Athens:)