Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ooh, where I bought it says all regions but I guess not because it won't play...boo!

  2. #12
    Super Moderator Mosaic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia, but a Kiwi
    Posts
    8,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sstacy123 View Post
    ooh, where I bought it says all regions but I guess not because it won't play...boo!
    Contact them, because if it says all regions then it is false advertising. Have you tried it in your computer? Sometimes what won't play in DVD players will play in computers.

    Another thing, if it says NTSC it should play, but if it is PAL it would be most unlikely and if a PAL then it shouldn't be advertised all regions.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)


  3. #13
    V.I.P. Kashmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Another thing, if it says NTSC it should play, but if it is PAL it would be most unlikely and if a PAL then it shouldn't be advertised all regions.
    "All regions" refers to zoning "copyright" - now there is a misnomer. It has nothing to do with the technical format.

    That said, I' d suggest a different DVD player (just for a try) or a computer. But either way - contact them, it could be a dud DVD. It happens.

  4. #14
    Junior Member Shahrahzad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Try a different DVD player. I have one that plays mp3s and VCDs and plays DVDs that won't play on other machine. Good luck!

  5. #15
    V.I.P. Ariadne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NE Mojave Desert
    Posts
    2,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know about Australia but my sister buys video's from the UK often and she has run into this problem. She has two solutions; one was buying a DVD player just for them and using a hack to change the region on it, the second is using a computer with Linux as the operating system and a (also free) video player called VLC. Best of luck.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    609
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    for just a bit more you can buy a regionless DVD player that will play anything. I own one because I often buy DVD's from the UK and Australia and this way I can view them.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I did try another DVD player and it wouldn't work on the other either...it will work on my laptop but I probably won't use it on my laptop based on past experience..

    Everything I have read about "All Regions" says it does have to do with technical format...

    The same seller has this listed also under ebay saying:

    Region Free - Playable Worldwide - This DVD has been mastered to play in every zone/system including NTSC, PAL, & SECAM

    I did try to contact the seller but so far haven't gotten any response.

    Perhaps next time I buy a DVD player I will look into getting a regionless one.

  8. #18
    Member HubicRuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There are cheap multi region, multi system dvd players available.

    Our second dvd player in the house is just an el cheapo bought for $80 at the supermarket. Never had a problem playing Pal and NTSC discs from different regions.

    BTW below is the trailer for the DVD


  9. #19
    Senior Member Ranya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Posts
    803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looks like a really nicely produced DVD although she looks VERY stiff as a dancer ( even in the old footage from the beginning of the trailer... khaliji girls are less stiff, and there need to be "bouncy" accents with the head so no stiffness (ok not that I can do it myself, it's quite to difficult to obtain that khaliji "bounce").

  10. #20
    V.I.P. Aziyade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cornfields of Evansville Indiana.
    Posts
    2,743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sstacy123 View Post
    I did try another DVD player and it wouldn't work on the other either...it will work on my laptop but I probably won't use it on my laptop based on past experience..

    Everything I have read about "All Regions" says it does have to do with technical format...

    The same seller has this listed also under ebay saying:

    Region Free - Playable Worldwide - This DVD has been mastered to play in every zone/system including NTSC, PAL, & SECAM

    I did try to contact the seller but so far haven't gotten any response.

    Perhaps next time I buy a DVD player I will look into getting a regionless one.
    Stacy, were you ever able to make this dvd work for you? I would like to get it, but I am afraid it might not play on my system or my computer :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •