Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh, where I bought it says all regions but I guess not because it won't play...boo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sstacy123 View Post
    ooh, where I bought it says all regions but I guess not because it won't play...boo!
    Contact them, because if it says all regions then it is false advertising. Have you tried it in your computer? Sometimes what won't play in DVD players will play in computers.

Another thing, if it says NTSC it should play, but if it is PAL it would be most unlikely and if a PAL then it shouldn't be advertised all regions.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Another thing, if it says NTSC it should play, but if it is PAL it would be most unlikely and if a PAL then it shouldn't be advertised all regions.
    "All regions" refers to zoning "copyright" - now there is a misnomer. It has nothing to do with the technical format.

That said, I' d suggest a different DVD player (just for a try) or a computer. But either way - contact them, it could be a dud DVD. It happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Try a different DVD player. I have one that plays mp3s and VCDs and plays DVDs that won't play on other machine. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Australia but my sister buys video's from the UK often and she has run into this problem. She has two solutions; one was buying a DVD player just for them and using a hack to change the region on it, the second is using a computer with Linux as the operating system and a (also free) video player called VLC. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

for just a bit more you can buy a regionless DVD player that will play anything. I own one because I often buy DVD's from the UK and Australia and this way I can view them.

Post Thanks / Like

I did try another DVD player and it wouldn't work on the other either...it will work on my laptop but I probably won't use it on my laptop based on past experience..

Everything I have read about "All Regions" says it does have to do with technical format...

The same seller has this listed also under ebay saying:

Region Free - Playable Worldwide - This DVD has been mastered to play in every zone/system including NTSC, PAL, & SECAM

I did try to contact the seller but so far haven't gotten any response.

Perhaps next time I buy a DVD player I will look into getting a regionless one.

Post Thanks / Like

There are cheap multi region, multi system dvd players available.

Our second dvd player in the house is just an el cheapo bought for $80 at the supermarket. Never had a problem playing Pal and NTSC discs from different regions.

BTW below is the trailer for the DVD

Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a really nicely produced DVD although she looks VERY stiff as a dancer ( even in the old footage from the beginning of the trailer... khaliji girls are less stiff, and there need to be "bouncy" accents with the head so no stiffness (ok not that I can do it myself, it's quite to difficult to obtain that khaliji "bounce").

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sstacy123 View Post
    I did try another DVD player and it wouldn't work on the other either...it will work on my laptop but I probably won't use it on my laptop based on past experience..

Everything I have read about "All Regions" says it does have to do with technical format...

The same seller has this listed also under ebay saying:

Region Free - Playable Worldwide - This DVD has been mastered to play in every zone/system including NTSC, PAL, & SECAM

I did try to contact the seller but so far haven't gotten any response.

Perhaps next time I buy a DVD player I will look into getting a regionless one.
    Stacy, were you ever able to make this dvd work for you? I would like to get it, but I am afraid it might not play on my system or my computer :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast