Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it just me...?

...or are the costuming and market place threads proliferating on here? It seems OD is gradually going the way of Bhuz insomuch that the discussions threads are getting swamped by costuming threads. Perhaps we can have a button that says.... New posts excluding costuming ones.... like they do on Bhuz.

Post Thanks / Like

I have merged some costume threads because they were similar and there were getting too many threads. That's possible for the costume section, but I don't think it would work in market place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    ...or are the costuming and market place threads proliferating on here? It seems OD is gradually going the way of Bhuz insomuch that the discussions threads are getting swamped by costuming threads. Perhaps we can have a button that says.... New posts excluding costuming ones.... like they do on Bhuz.
    Yes but there is aLso less deep abnd lenghthy discussion than there used to be. There is more concensus which means less "discussion"

Post Thanks / Like

You don't love Costumes?

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, the diversity of this forum is what keeps me coming here - and the people who think deeply about what they talk about instead of discussing trivia.

...and I do love costuming too!!
    Last edited by adiemus; 10-20-2009 at 05:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Costumes is my favorite section, I practically live in that corner of the forum LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Market place comes anywhere near Bhuz's mammoth swap meet.
    I've used swap meet ..thanks you buyers there ...and sellers also. It's a good place to shop to get good quality items and you can always click on the non-shopping drop down. Rosey has made sure you can avoid all those goodies.
    Market place is "tucked away" and you don't have to look at it but people are always going to want to discuss costuming..sometimes the same point ad nauseum

Post Thanks / Like

A bit off topic, but Bhuz has become so big and changed so much over the years I don't even understand how it works anymore! And there are so many new people I don't know.
    Maybe the market place here can have sections on 'costumes' 'practise gear' etc. to make it a bit easier? But I don't think it's too bad in market place.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adiemus View Post
    [

...and I do love costuming too!!
    ][/url]
    Me too. But I predict that this site will go the way of Bhuz and be swamped with Market Place postings. To the extent that we'll have to wade through the postings. Just give it time. It's already open to the abuse of parasite postings coming from spammers trying to point us all in the direction of their websites. It'll only get worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kharis, I am not sure if you know the feature of double clicking on the letter icon to the left of each forum section, the one with two papers on and orange background. If you mouse over it, it says something like "click to mark forums read" When you double click it turns blue. Then those posts won't show up in "new posts" until someone posts in those forums again. It is not a big help but maybe a little....?

I see the market place here as pretty small and slow, but maybe that is just compared to Bhuz.
    Last edited by gisela; 10-27-2009 at 01:27 PM.
    immer glimmer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast