Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Hi Kharis, I am not sure if you know the feature of double clicking on the letter icon to the left of each forum section, the one with two papers on and orange background. If you mouse over it, it says something like "click to mark forums read" When you double click it turns blue. Then those posts won't show up in "new posts" until someone posts in those forums again. It is not a big help but maybe a little....?

I see the market place here as pretty small and slow, but maybe that is just compared to Bhuz.
    Hi, yes I did know about that little feature. And it does help. But I'm kind of impatient when it comes to forums and mostly just wanna get to the point of things without having to trawl too much. Otherwise I get bored and do a flip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    ...or are the costuming and market place threads proliferating on here? It seems OD is gradually going the way of Bhuz insomuch that the discussions threads are getting swamped by costuming threads. Perhaps we can have a button that says.... New posts excluding costuming ones.... like they do on Bhuz.
    I think it's just that people are not posting as much on dance issues and definitely not on cultural issues anymore. The costuming stuff hasn't grown all that much, it just looks like it's grown more in comparison.

I'd love to read up on cultural stuff, and especially hear from people who know more than I do (through personal experience). But I think people are not comfortable posting stuff like that here anymore...

Post Thanks / Like

I have received so many lovely little pm saying I am anti -Arabic. So no more cultural things for me, I wish my name was Salman Khan.
    Last edited by Dev; 10-28-2009 at 05:35 AM. Reason: deleted smiley, typo

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable Dev, what a shame...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    I think it's just that people are not posting as much on dance issues and definitely not on cultural issues anymore. The costuming stuff hasn't grown all that much, it just looks like it's grown more in comparison.

I'd love to read up on cultural stuff, and especially hear from people who know more than I do (through personal experience). But I think people are not comfortable posting stuff like that here anymore...

Definitely, sometimes things have become such heated debates and I rather avoid that. I don't come here to be flamed or to make people upset, I come here to relax and talk about positive things

I'm sorry to hear that Dev

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I have received so many lovely little pm saying I am anti -Arabic. So no more cultural things for me, I wish my name was Salman Khan.
    What's wrong with these people? I rather suspect there is an element on here that revels in doing this. They must have really dull, boring little lives. Then of course, there is the classic outward projection of internal intentions towards others.....hey ho

Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like

Throw all the attention toward me, , No but yes seriously after that tragic thread I started , my life is kind of different in this forum, Some people seem to have changed overnight from friend to foe. Some members sent me messages how I was so ignorant and anti Arab etc. I was anti-sensitive yes, but anti Arab no. Then some interesting members left and joined the other forum etc. I do take all the responsibilities for the bad time i must have caused but am still somewhat bemused by the reaction.

You know what I think I wish I did not post that bit above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Throw all the attention toward me, , No but yes seriously after that tragic thread I started , my life is kind of different in this forum, Some people seem to have changed overnight from friend to foe. Some members sent me messages how I was so ignorant and anti Arab etc. I was anti-sensitive yes, but anti Arab no. Then some interesting members left and joined the other forum etc. I do take all the responsibilities for the bad time i must have caused but am still somewhat bemused by the reaction.

You know what I think I wish I did not post that bit above.
    if it hadn't been you, Dev somebody else would have provided the ammunition for people determined to think the worst and/or to distrup.
    We all have agendas and we have to be aware that so do others and that is why often opinions need to be weighed and measured before being expressed. Oh and yes I am just as guilty of not picking through the nuances of what I type or how it might be misconstrued, however well meaning I may be...there are some nasty pieces of work out there in cyber-space. Shame they haven't got anything better to do.
    I've had to take the passage from a child brought up in the post WW2 Britian that still saw its' self as Great...with an Empire. I found it very easy to shake off that legacy thanks mostly to the fact I was brought up in a multi-ethnic city and went to University there and was swamped with ideas of world justice and respect.It was also a journey from poverty to comparative comfort.
    The fact that you take the responsibilty for kicking off an unpleasant episode means you are perfectly entitled to join in discussions ,surely.
    And rest assured you are not responsible for the departure of all those members

Post Thanks / Like

Dont worry about it Dev, it is all water under the bridge and part of life experience.

Some issues are sensitive and some people are sensitive.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies, I just don't feel too good about that particular episode.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast