Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a review, but LuLu has a preview of the book. You can read the intro and leaf through the table of contents.

The EDA Handbook for Middle Eastern Dance by DaVid of Scandinavia - The Ethnic Dance Academy in Education & Language

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought many bellydance dvds and yjey have ALL been all region. If you do get one that isn't AND your dvd player will not play it you may be able to find instructions online for unlocking your player to play all regions. I had to do this with mine - but not to play a BD dvd which have all been fine. The dvd players are all made the same and then restricted by software to a particular country. I have also been told that games machines of different specs are also just limited by software.

IAMED
    Hollywood Music Center
    Cheeky girls
    world Dance New York
    Dance Fitness - Natural Journeys

All Region free

The only one that wasn't was something I picked up on Ebay in a cheap little set with cymbals and instruction book - wan't worth what I paid for it either - but that's another story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    IAMED
    Hollywood Music Center
    Cheeky girls
    world Dance New York
    Dance Fitness - Natural Journeys

All Region free
    Good advice from you and Shira, but I think the region encoding issue was put to rest some time ago (those posts are from 2009 ).

I don't know if Anala made her decision about DaVid's book, but for anyone considering purchasing The EDA Handbook for Middle Eastern Dance (or any other Bellydance title published by Lulu), the site has 30% off today (Nov. 28, 2011) only to celebrate Cyber Monday. The code is predictable — CYBERMONDAY — and it works on items that are already discounted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sirčne View Post
    Good advice from you and Shira, but I think the region encoding issue was put to rest some time ago (those posts are from 2009.
    Yeah, it's admittedly an old thread, but I figured the stuff I posted was still accurate, and therefore it wasn't a bad idea to post it just in case it helps someone today who has the same questions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234