Hi I'm Vincent from Singapore

vinstones

:) Hi everyone,

Great to see such vibrant community of belly dancer here!

I'm Vincent from Singapore..

I became interested in Belly dancing when I did a video recording of a corporate event which they invited a group of professional belly dancer as part of the event.

I realised that there are such gracious movement and at times high energy in belly dancing.

I showed the video to my wife and she was hooked!

She subsequently joined an evening beginners belly dancing class to learn the moves.

I'm excited:D

Maybe I should introduce her to this forum soon!??:rolleyes:

vinstones

Yes, Yasmine,Alaya, maariku... my wife would definately love this forum!

:D She'll be thrilled to know of this forum site.

Think she's just in the 4th of a 6 part beginners lesson and finds the class really cool!..

Most of the 20 class participants are also very new to belly dancing.

and they have loads of questions pretaining to belly dancing.

Cheers
Vincent

Kiraze

Welcome to forum Vincent (and your wife too :)) - it is nice to notice that other S´poreans are finding this forum too as for long I have been the only one

vinstones

Welcome to forum Vincent (and your wife too :)) - it is nice to notice that other S´poreans are finding this forum too as for long I have been the only one
Hey Kiraze,
Yeah, I know how it feels... Singapore is such small dot in the world..

It's a great feeling to meet fellow Singaporean in such forum.

- How long have you been doing Belly dancing?
- Where did you first started learning? (schools?, Community Centre?)

Kiraze

Well, I am not really from S´pore as just came here ca. 6 months ago from Finland ;)

I have danced for over 15 years - but mostly just for fun and in S´pore I mainly participate special workshops by visiting teachers although I have joined also classes by Claribel to brush up my dance technique... although belly dance is quite new thing in S´pore I have been pleasantly surprised about the high quality of both teaching and performances.

vinstones

Hi Kiraze,

A warm welcome to Singapore..

And have you visited Chinatown? (It's pretty convenient via MRT to Chinatown station or Outram Park Station)

That's impressive..15 years!

hey, maybe i could snip a short video clip of the belly dance event that I've recorded.

I'll upload the video to youtube.com and post the link here..
That'll be one belly dancing clip from Singapore.. Ha..

That's my first impressionable live belly dancing event that make me go wow!..

ok, i'll get it up in the next 2 weeks.. cos there are other videos editing I'm working on right now.

Hope you'll have a wonderful stay here in Singapore.

Cheers
Vincent

vinstones

Thanks Maria,

Hey, is there a special place here where all the forum moderator post a clip of their belly dancing performance?

It would be great to see and learn from the different styles!

btw. Maria, what is a computer graphist?.. is it related to computer graphic or more to statistical graph?
(learned abt this from your profile.. interesting..)

vinstones

Hey,

I'm really starting to feel the vibrancy of this community here..

Thanks to all the moderator and members for their warm welcome.:dance:

Feel like dancing now..
Cheers
Vincent