Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I will take a look at the link and let her know. From some of the things she has said about performing I think she would really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default finding a dance teacher

I am interested does anyone knows teachers of bellydance or schools of bellydance in Syria?
    Thank you .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bellydancefinder View Post
    You can find list of Belly dance teacher at Belly Dance Finder: http:/www.bellydancefinder.com

happy dancing!
    This seems to be a listing for just a few cities in the US. None of the teachers in my area are listed.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Belly dancing classes in west of melbourne, australia. Cheap

Hi, ive been learning BD for over a yr or more now on and off. Our local community centres have them every term. I pay just 5 bucks per one hour class, each term goes for about 11 weeks. If u live in melton/sunshine/hillside area in Melbourne and youre interested pls send me a PM.

Thanks
    Caz

Post Thanks / Like

$5 sounds well below the industry rate.

What are the teacher's qualifications? What are his/her overheads? What size are the classes?
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

When looking for a new teacher I can not stress the importance of doing your research BEFORE the first meeting. When I first started in belly dance I found a teacher who was near to my home and not too expensive..after almost a year I discovered that she was a fraud, she didn't list any of her own teachers, she claims to be a dance ethnologist but only has an assoc. degree is business administration. She hands out material to her students with her name on them even though a quick google search revels she is not the author...this is what I recommend you look for -

-does the teacher give credit to her own teachers?
    -how long has she been dancing?
    -does she encourage students to perform or attend other local workshops in which she is not participating?
    -does anything come up in a search that she did not herself put there
    -best way - ask for references or personal recommendations from others in your local belly dance community!

Happy Hip Drops!

Perse

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how to find one if I am here in Las Vegas, NV US? Those cites doesn't have an option on those sites from the links you posted. I did find someone I think I like from Meetup though. What questions do I ask and what do I look for to find out if she will teach me what I need to know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by giolanah View Post
    Does anyone know how to find one if I am here in Las Vegas, NV US? Those cites doesn't have an option on those sites from the links you posted. I did find someone I think I like from Meetup though. What questions do I ask and what do I look for to find out if she will teach me what I need to know?
    On the link Shira posted there are many Las Vegas teachers.
    here:
    Find Belly Dancing Teachers and Performers in Nevada, U.S.A.! Belly Dance Lessons and Dancers! Search for Belly Dancers!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to say I've finally found a teacher here in the capital city of Florida!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast