Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bum shake? Bicycle hips? Rip circle?

Talk about regional differences in terminology. I cannot tell you the picture these phrases bring to mind . I'm glad the two of you are enjoying yourselves. Does she post here, too?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shanazel,

Glad you asked,

I have not figure that out myself..
    and the structure lack of a dance diagram just leave it all to ones imagination..

No, not yet.. In Singapore I guess there are higher percentage of Male user in forum and internet usage.

Not sure if she's still techophobic or got hooked on shaking her bums as her favourite past time..

But she'll definately be joining this forum once I upgrade my broadband access to 12mbps later this month.. then she'll be bellydancing highspeed..

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Bum shake? Bicycle hips? Rip circle?

Talk about regional differences in terminology. I cannot tell you the picture these phrases bring to mind . I'm glad the two of you are enjoying yourselves. Does she post here, too?
    Hi Shanazel,

She (doristlc) aka (my wife) registered and did her first post here yesterday..

btw.. what are the pictures going in your mind when u heard :
    Bum shake, Bicycle hips, Rip circle..

I'm dying to know out of curiosity

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my, I'd be embarrassed to tell you that I understand vulgar Americanisms, and I would have to admit to it in order to explain.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Idea

Oh my, now my curiosity is getting the better of me!..

I'm open to learn new cultural jargon,

and "vulgar Americanisms" is not something I could find in the encyclopedia..

Who knows, someone might come out with a totally new bellydance move thru your sharing of imagination..

or you could pm me with your description, I'll do my best to cleanse it for the benefit of all here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 basic moves

I'm no teacher....yet, but I think what's important is working on correct posture and basic core moves for flexability. Like rib cage circles, slides and lifts. Hip slides, circles, lifts, drops, and locks. Shimmies, figure eights, snake arms and undulations.
    More then three moves I realise.

Fire Lily

Post Thanks / Like

I tried, but I cant Think you should learn the basic steps in bellydance in tree things, I should try three different steps, and some different arm positions that can be combined

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Miss Winnii and firelily..

I've realised it's difficult to just shortlist to 3,

but with all the different views offered by so many experienced and new comer alike.

Some of my beginners friends and myself are starting to get a sense of some basic steps to start off.

Wonderful input you've given!

Post Thanks / Like

I just arrive from Egypt I was there for 2 weeks to teach beginners and I think the most important is to make the students laugh to feel them good...as for starting I started with the basic steps and continue with hips circles etc. I jus wanted to share this with you

On other way (my opinion,dont take it wrong) I have to say so long you dont start from small child to learn this dance I dont think that you will ever managed ! I worked and work with many people and I make myself this Idee!

Lots of love,
    Princess
    Last edited by Princess; 01-11-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Princess
    On other way (my opinion,dont take it wrong) I have to say so long you dont start from small child to learn this dance I dont think that you will ever managed ! I worked and work with many people and I make myself this Idee!
    This could be true for a lot of people, however there are also lots of counter examples, fortunately! Not that I think there's something wrong with your opinion, I only hope you don't tell your students this, might be very discouraging.
    I started at age 20 (almost 21) and I'm dancing little over a year now. Though I don't consider myself extremely talented, I don't think I will never manage to do it. I will probably be less good then people who that started earlier, but hey, I can still be good!
    A nice example came from one of the forum members here (sorry I don't remember who) who knows a lady that started at age 75 or so and is dancing for more then 10 years now. She dances with a sword and is very popular.
    How encouraging is that?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast