Horacio Cifuentes book release

gisela

Super Moderator
Thought this might be of interest. I just received a newsletter from Beata and Horacio Cifuentes. It said that Horacio is soon to release a book that he has been writing for 12 years.

Quote from the newsletter:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Horacio drops a bomb! After 12 years of writing he will release his biography

"Confessions of a
Male Belly Dancer"

The truth behind the artist – not suitable for weak nerves!!!

[/FONT]

Here's a link to the actual letter on their website including an e-mail address in case you want to reserve a copy.
Oriental Fantasy - Tanzakademie Cifuentes

After having met him and his wife recently and taken workshops, I am curious and would love to get this book.

gisela

Super Moderator
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]not suitable for weak nerves!!!

Sure you can handle it Zorba?:lol::lol:
[/FONT]

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Sure you can handle it Zorba?:lol::lol:

No.

But I want a copy anyway! I've always thought I should write me memoirs some day - I'd *love* to read his. I stand on the shoulders of giants - and he's one of them!

Prusilusken

I've only just browsed a copy of it last tuesday.

I think it's a beautiful book, lovely format.
At the first glance (which is all I got ;)) it looked well written, lots of pictures, lots of ballet stuff too. It didn't seem like he had a lot to say about his more recent years and his general philosophies when it comes to dancing and teaching bellydance, but I might have missed it, so don't take my word for it.
I did, however notice, that it also included a few stories where Horacio tells us openly about "blunders" he has made in the past - I really respect him for that alone! I am definately getting this book as soon as I can afford it.
I hope it is as interesting as it looked at first glance. :)

Safran

The studio I take classes at has a little library and they just received the book last week. So I intend to spend many extra hours there with a cup of tea (not that I don't do enough of that already). At first glance I agree with Prusilusken - the book looks good with all the photos and Horacio's dance journey in general, not just belly dance... I'll keep you posted as I actually start reading it!