Thread: Hi there!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi there!

Hi everybody

My name is Ahnna. I come from Sweden, and I'm a newbie to these forums (although I've done quite a bit of lurking), and a bit of a newbie to bellydancing. I've been dancing belly dance a couple of times a week for 1.5 years, and I'm absolutely loving it. I have previously danced some streetdance and some jazz, but now I am more focused on belly dancing, and also do some bollywood dancing. I love the strength and femininity of the belly dance, and the wonderful music we dance to. I'm just hooked

I hope to pick up some hints and tips here at the forums, and to learn more about the background of the dance, the different styles of belly dance, and just about everything there is to know

Post Thanks / Like

Välkommen! Jag är också från Sverige men bor i grannlandet.
    Hope you will find some nice discussions here.
    Where in Sweden are you? (if you don't mind sharing) What's the bellydance scene like there?
    Gis
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Ahnna. I am sure you will find lots of interesting topics here. If you have any questions just ask, someone will have an answer or be able to point you in the right direction.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, mosaic!

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Välkommen! Jag är också från Sverige men bor i grannlandet.
    Hope you will find some nice discussions here.
    Where in Sweden are you? (if you don't mind sharing) What's the bellydance scene like there?
    Gis
    Tack Vad kul med fler svenskar här!
    I live in Malmö, so I live pretty close to denmark.

The bellydance scene here is pretty ok, I think. I guess it's not up to international standards but I think it's decent enough for a swedish town. There are at least 4 dance schools giving belly dance classes, may be more than that, and on top of that there are a couple of study-organisations that also give classes.
    There are a couple of performance-groups that perform at local events and festivals and such, and a couple of middle eastern restaurants that have belly dancing performances on weekends. In addition to that, there's the occasional "oriental club" being arranged, sort of an orientally themed night club (I think, I've never been there) where they usually have a belly dance performer.

I'm currently looking for somewhere to learn tribal around here though, but unfortunately that seem to be a bit harder to find than the regular classes.