Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your first solo

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks maria aya

Hearing about every one elses experiences is wonderful and really encouraging. Thank you all for sharing!

*hugz*
    Mouse

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if you've seen my first solo experience or not:

http://www.doubleveil.net/solo.htm

With pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

That was a fantastic read! I had a big grin on my face the whole way through. Loved the pictures too - thank you for the link!!

Funnily enough I was reading a few snippets of your site over my sons shoulder earlier today. Will definitely have to go back and read some more - I love the way you write.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't remember much about my first performance. Which probably means it was either that bad that I blocked it out or I'm old and it was that long ago...LOL!

However I will share the tale of two of my student's first performance. We were performing at the end point picnic for a local motercycle club's bike run. As typical with these gigs, things are running late and they hadn't showed by the time we started. I figured no big deal, they got cold feet and bailed out. It happens and this was a fairly low key gig since it was a freebie for one of the troupe gals. She and her boyfriend are part of one of the motercycle groups that organised the run.
    About halfway through the show I realise the two newbies had snuck in the back. Great they did make it! We all step back for a solo and one of the gals leans over and apologies for being late. They had been in a car accident on the way to the show!! We finish up the show, pack up and head for our local hangout for some much needed caffine, pie and to hear what happened.
    They had been rear ended by some gal driving with no insurance a few blocks from the show site. So there they were standing on the side of a busy the road on a Saturday afternoon, in costume, waiting for the cops to show up. The cop shows up, takes statements and all that fun stuff. Then he asks the two gals where they were going. They tell him and he laughs. Of all the cops in the city to show up to the call it was the son of one of our troupe members!! I know this is a small town but really that was too funny. I give those two gals all the credit in the world to for showing up after having been in a car accident!

Post Thanks / Like

^^^

Wow, what a read !! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default great

It sure is wonderful that you all shared your experiances,great thread mouse.
    I am to do my first performance ever in about 3 weeks.
    I have been dancing a little,but for for that long.
    I will be dancing solo,I am choreographing my routines,which is all very exiting and I am ignoring the nerves!!!LOL

I have been on stage lots before doing different performances,its been a little while.but I do love being on stage.

though as a dancer...wow its a very new experiance.so any tips are so very much appreciated,how long had you been dancing before you made your first performance?

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by miss_shimmy; 07-15-2006 at 07:59 AM. Reason: corrected spelling!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you will be fantastic Amanda! I've been dancing for a little over a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

a year huh,well done to you,its been about 6mnths for me,I am learning at home with dvds,there arent any teahcers in my area.

your words of encouragement sure do lift me up,thankx so much.
    i was thinking today about music and the choreography.i couldnt find the music yesterday,but i know it will all come together.

hugs and smiles

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Now that gives me something to worry about besides my feet! :eek:
    Hehe, sorry. As long as your bra is good and fits you well, it is nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_shimmy View Post

though as a dancer...wow its a very new experiance.so any tips are so very much appreciated,how long had you been dancing before you made your first performance?
    I had danced for ten months before my first solo, my first performance was after 4 months of practice.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of lucky (?) dancers out there getting the chance to do solos! I've been bellydancing for about a year and a half now and have my first performance as part of a group in a couple of weeks.
    But still I'm sort of itching to choreograph something for myself and choose the music and costume. It's interesting to hear how long others have been dancing, because I never know if I'm being unrealistically overambitious or really underconfident!
    So I think you are very lucky to be in classes where you perform for each other so soon. The classes I enjoy most are the ones where we get to improvise a bit and take turns to do a few moves in the middle of the circle.

Dancing regards

Aniseteph xx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast